+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest facts and rumors regarding T2

"CB Terrell Thomas, has returned to his home state of California to have his surgically-repaired knee re-examined by the man who performed the surgery last year – Dr. Arthur Ting. It is rumored that Thomas has re-torn the ACL and is in danger of missing the upcoming season.

not only "the upcoming season" but i believe his total nfl career is in play at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    not only "the upcoming season" but i believe his total nfl career is in play at this point!
    Heard on NFL Network no player has ever returned to start after 3 knee sugeries on same knee. NO PLAYER in history of NFL kinda makes you sad right?

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    Heard on NFL Network no player has ever returned to start after 3 knee sugeries on same knee. NO PLAYER in history of NFL kinda makes you sad right?
    I had actually read an article that supposedly once you tear an ACL any tear after that does not diminish the ABILITY of the reconstructed ACL. The problem is the psychological impact of the rehab; not the actual physical aspect of it.

In other words... if T2 can mentally get over the rehab process his ACL will be no worse then what it was after his first tear.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    I had actually read an article that supposedly once you tear an ACL any tear after that does not diminish the ABILITY of the reconstructed ACL. The problem is the psychological impact of the rehab; not the actual physical aspect of it.

In other words... if T2 can mentally get over the rehab process his ACL will be no worse then what it was after his first tear.
    Psychological rather than physical? Tell that to his three times torn ACL.

No player has recovered from a 3 time torn ACL but there is a player attempting it now (Carolina I believe).

Veteran
    Not sure I would call it "psychological", as much as I'd call it stigma received from teams on a repeatedly repaired body part and time away from the game. Let's face it, most organizations would much rather cut their losses and take on a new prospect then they would give a chance to a 'prone to injury, damaged goods, 27 year old'.

It's not so much the recovery that affects people in this situation, it's the ability to be get a chance.

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    "CB Terrell Thomas, has returned to his home state of California to have his surgically-repaired knee re-examined by the man who performed the surgery last year – Dr. Arthur Ting. It is rumored that Thomas has re-torn the ACL and is in danger of missing the upcoming season.
    Is this a new or old news?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    First I've heard but Ting did his last repair.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Not sure I would call it "psychological", as much as I'd call it stigma received from teams on a repeatedly repaired body part and time away from the game. Let's face it, most organizations would much rather cut their losses and take on a new prospect then they would give a chance to a 'prone to injury, damaged goods, 27 year old'.

It's not so much the recovery that affects people in this situation, it's the ability to be get a chance.

Just saying...
    And, let's be honest, unless Prince has the most horrible year ever (hoping he doesn't though, knock on wood), T2 will be hard pressed to have a place on the team, even without the 3rd ACL tear...

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Well I hadnt heard anything about him going to California so i figured new.