+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' chris canty unsure he'll be ready by week 1

GIANTS' CHRIS CANTY UNSURE HE'LL BE READY BY WEEK 1

Excerpt: "New York Giants defensive end Chris Canty expected to be ready for training camp following an offseason knee injury, but upon reporting to Albany, the veteran was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. Now, with opening night against the Dallas Cowboys exactly five weeks away, Canty isn't even sure if he'll be ready to suit up for that game." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

linval joseph and marvin austin need to step up
    Last edited by nygmen90; 08-01-2012 at 02:57 PM.

ugh... it just never ends. I am actually thinking it was better back in the day before the internet and twitter and all this technology. At least back then, you just were wondering where a player was at game time. Now we know everything about everyone and it gets to be somewhat stressful. Marvin Austin needs to step it up and plug a hole.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Starter
    I know he wouldn't want to miss any Cowboy game right after winning a Superbowl.However its a long season and there are others to step in until he is ready.

Starter
    "Unsure" is not the same as out yet.
    Its a long season and there are others to step in till he is back.

Pretty sure that the Giants have been expecting this for a while, as evidenced by them bringing back Rocky Bernard and signing Shaun Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by nygmen90 View Post
    linval joseph and marvin austin need to step up
    Marvin Austin needs to step up??
    The Dude needs to show up first. Not counting on him for much at all at this point. He hasn't played in what....like three years.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Honestly, as far as DTs go, this will only be a minor setback. The guys on the roster will do fine. I want to see Shaun Rogers be the way he was with the Browns that 2008 year. If he is half of that, we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Marvin Austin needs to step up??
    The Dude needs to show up first. Not counting on him for much at all at this point. He hasn't played in what....like three years.
    stepping up for him can be showing up...they have plenty of dt's though so again I'm not very worried

I'm honestly not worried about this Dallas game as much as I probably should be. They have two new starting cornerbacks and we all saw how long that takes for a team to get used to last year with the Eagles.