+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' prince amukamara making up for forgettable last season with chance to take st

GIANTS' PRINCE AMUKAMARA MAKING UP FOR FORGETTABLE LAST SEASON WITH CHANCE TO TAKE STARTING JOB

Excerpt: "He wanted a starting job. He just didn’t expect it to happen this way.

When Prince Amukamara arrived in Giants training camp at the University at Albany, he knew that much. He knew he’d disappointed team brass during his injury-plagued 2011 rookie season, and he desperately wanted to atone.

So when Amukamara heard GM Jerry Reese rip into him over the weekend and say he had to play “like a first-round pick,” the 23-year-old cornerback didn’t argue. In fact, he agreed. “I do have a lot of expectations for myself,” Amukamara said, “and I know the organization has a lot of expectations for me. . . . It’s time for me to fulfill my (expectations) and their’s, too.” Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Why did Reese rip into him? I thought they said he was looking good early in camp.

looks like Reese is trying a little motivational speaking on the Prince, hope it works because we're gonna need him....

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Why did Reese rip into him? I thought they said he was looking good early in camp.
    Reese did not "rip into him" as the article suggests. Watch the video on giants.com. Prince takes it as encouragement, not criticism. I really think the kid is going to do well. He's already shown signs and will continue to improve.

Everyone thinks these players take things harshly. Motivation
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Prince needs to start a few games and show us what he's got..

Actually, I thought he did pretty good last year when he played. He played like a rookie but without the whole deer in the headlights look. Not bad for not having a camp until this year.

Veteran
    I loved that we drafted Prince, and I love the fact he's going to have the opportunity he deserves as a 1st round pick to show us what he's got. I will never understand the people saying that he's a bust. On what facts? Lol, the guy injured himself before the regular season had the lockout and next thing you know hes covering desean jackson. He vwas thrown to the wolves and I think he did real well considering. Look for big things to happen from him this season. The expectations a huge for this kid though however, everyone is expecting him to be a shutdown cornerback right away. Before people start writing him off they should give him some time to develop. Playing cornerback in the NFL isn't exactly the easiest thing.

All-Pro
    Think about his situation last year. He gets hurt, it takes longer than expected to get better, and then they where forced to throw him in games because of all the injuries. He had a couple of bad plays, but he was months behind everyone playing on the field. Even rookies who where not injured had the benefit of playing in months of real NFL games and the pre season. The fact he was very good in the post season has me excited to see what he can do this year. I mean he took a couple of games to get back to speed and then passed every test in the post season against the best teams in the league.

Bench Player
    this offseason, prolly more then ever, im excited to see the preseason games. i wanna know what we got in that secondary and lb corps lol. i wanna see wilson take some nfl snaps with the starters to see what hes made of. i wanna see whose going to rip our first punt return td in, what, three years? four years?