+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' antrel rolle ready to serve as nickle corner this time, if needed

GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE READY TO SERVE AS NICKLE CORNER THIS TIME, IF NEEDED

Excerpt: "Last year, when the Giants’ defensive coaches needed to replace Terrell Thomas, they had Antrel Rolle playing down low instead of at a natural safety spot. Rolle found it difficult to accept and at one point even talked about wanting out of the organization.
    Eventually, Rolle came to accept and embrace his job as a nickel cornerback. The rest is Super Bowl history.

Well, the Giants and Rolle are right back in the same spot now that Thomas, whom secondary coach Peter Giunta said was ticketed to play the nickel corner spot, is likely lost for the season again. Rolle is the easiest, quickest solution to the problem right now." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

cant they just get a nickle corner already.
    I realize this sounds like I am making it easier then it actually is but come on already. Get a nickle corner and let Rolle play where should be.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I realize this sounds like I am making it easier then it actually is but come on already. Get a nickle corner and let Rolle play where should be.
    I guess losing TT2 made it an issue all over again. At least now Rolle is ready/ willing to do it.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    is there no one else on the roster at the corner positon capable enough to play the nickle corner role. i would really like to see role at his natural spot all season. i think him and phillips can do some damage back there. fml

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    is there no one else on the roster at the corner positon capable enough to play the nickle corner role. i would really like to see role at his natural spot all season. i think him and phillips can do some damage back there. fml
    I think we should give Tryon or Hosley an opportunity at the position. We'll see of course how things work out in the upcoming preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I think we should give Tryon or Hosley an opportunity at the position. We'll see of course how things work out in the upcoming preseason games.
    agreed, IMO both are capable at playing the nickel

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    There is still time for someone to step up and I would not be surprised if Fewell isn't watching these practices closely to see if there's a young stud in the mix.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 08-01-2012 at 04:52 PM.

They say they want the best players on the field.... ok, great. So you are telling me the giants are better utilizing their talent by have Sash at S and Rolle at Corner than it would be Rolle in his natural position with Hosley, tryon, bolden, johnson or whoever else....?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Justin Tryon is perfect in that role and has faced off against good receivers in Indy. I have no idea why they can't make him the 3rd CB.

So Rolle is willing to play nickle corner, but is Kenny Phillips willing to stay deep? If you listen to his video on the giants.com home page he's really hoping to get more involved and closer to the line. I really hope a corner steps up.