+ Reply to Thread

Anyone watching Eli press conference...

in regards to being down 2 scores:

"We knew what we had to do and I knew we were gonna do it"

Playing from behind:

"I dont like doing it, its become a habit...a bad habit (then laughs)"

if anyone can post the espn post game conference, Eli is up there sounding super confident and calm....wait...i thought he was the opposite???

Re: Anyone watching Eli press conference...

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Playing from behind:

if anyone can post the espn post game conference, Eli is up there sounding super confident and calm....wait...i thought he was the opposite???

[/quote]

Dang, which I had seen or heard it.

Can't believe we have folks on this Board who routinely look for ways todisrespect Eli. We're very fortunate to have hime.

Q: What did Kevin Gilbride say to you down 12 late in the 4th.

A: "go score 2 TDs"

Eli: "OK"

[quote user="RobCarpenter"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Playing from behind:

[/quote]

Can't believe we have folks on this Board who routinely look for ways todisrespect Eli. We're very fortunate to have hime.

[/quote]Eli has improved this year tremendously. However, he deserved all the critisism in the past. Now that he is playing up to the expectations, there is no need for critisism. Eli has done enough this season and he will get the respect that it is due to him.

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]

Q: What did Kevin Gilbride say to you down 12 late in the 4th.

A: "go score 2 TDs"

Eli: "OK"

[/quote]The Giants can save Killdrives salary by getting rid of him and letting Eli design the game plan and call all his plays.

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="RobCarpenter"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Playing from behind:

[/quote]

[/quote]Eli has improved this year tremendously. However, he deserved all the critisism in the past. Now that he is playing up to the expectations, there is no need for critisism. Eli has done enough this season and he will get the respect that it is due to him.[/quote]

Yeah that 2007 season was just terrible!

And his 2008 and 2009 seasons were brutal.

The problem is that so much of this team is garbage -- and that shows in the disastrous games like the last Eagles game or New Orleans -- but it gets masked by some really remarkable play out of Eli and for example JPP.

We should not be putting the season's hopes on the shoulders of these two players because it isn't going to work forever.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="RobCarpenter"][quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="RobCarpenter"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Playing from behind:

[/quote]

Can't believe we have folks on this Board who routinely look for ways to*disrespect Eli.* We're very fortunate to have hime.* *

[/quote]Eli has improved this year tremendously. However, he deserved all the critisism in the past. Now that he is playing up to the expectations, there is no need for critisism. Eli has done enough this season and he will get the respect that it is due to him.[/quote]

[/quote]
    +1. The Giants D has not been very good for the past few years. They are horrible this year, but they've been blowing things since Spags left. They were letting up 3rd-and-longs for the past few years. Eli has been covering up for them for a while -- its just more pronounced this year because the D is that much worse and Eli is that much better.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="RobCarpenter"][quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="RobCarpenter"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Playing from behind:

[/quote]

[/quote] +1. The Giants D has not been very good for the past few years. They are horrible this year, but they've been blowing things since Spags left. They were letting up 3rd-and-longs for the past few years. Eli has been covering up for them for a while -- its just more pronounced this year because the D is that much worse and Eli is that much better.[/quote]Having 25+ Int's I will not call it a stellar performance.