+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o line

o line

what has the starting o line looked like in camp? who do you think will be our starting 5 going into week one? for me

lt beatty
    lg boothe
    c bass
    rg snee
    rt diehl

we have some depth with pirtrus brewer and mosley
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I think Diehl might lose the starting job to Brewer or Mosley unless he steps his game up. Don't get me wrong, I really like the guy, but he's been pretty awful the past 2 years...

I think Locklear must have his name thrown in that competition also.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I think Locklear must have his name thrown in that competition also.
    Competition is always good. A TC coached team is always a meritocracy. If someone beats out Diehl it means our OL is stronger. That is how championship teams are built; continuous improvement, big and small at every position and coaching slot too.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Competition is always good. A TC coached team is always a meritocracy. If someone beats out Diehl it means our OL is stronger. That is how championship teams are built; continuous improvement, big and small at every position and coaching slot too.
    I agree.... which is why I mentioned one of the candidates left off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think Diehl might lose the starting job to Brewer or Mosley unless he steps his game up. Don't get me wrong, I really like the guy, but he's been pretty awful the past 2 years...
    +1. I really don't think that both Diehl AND Beatty will be starting this year going into game 1. Someone's going to step up and start over one of those two. This new starter may not be gangbusters, but will earn it more because Diehl and Beatty aren't that great.

I'm not crazy about our starting o-line no matter who starts, but I like the overall depth.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post

100%. Coughlin always goes with who shows him more. He doesn't care if you were undrafted or a first round pick, and the Giants as an organization stand behind the coach and do not interfere based on pay scale.

I'm thinking they may carry 9 O-linemen. I guess right now I would pretty much agree that our starting 5 will be Beatty, Diehl, Booth, Snee and Baas. But who knows, nothing is a given right now. I think Petrus, Brewer, Locklear, and Mosley are kept for depth.

Maybe the Giants put McCants on the practice squad.

And cant forget Cordle and Capers---don't know if they are practice squad eligible?
    Last edited by tonyt830; 08-03-2012 at 06:30 AM.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

At least we have the guys to put together a good line and still have depth

Still don't like the offensive line. We need to be stronger and more explosive. I still see us having issues in short yardage situations. Beatty doesn't look any bigger or stronger than the day he walked off the UCONN campus. If I was getting paid what he is my butt would be in the GYM 24/7!!