+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Douglas?

David Douglas?

Saw this kid in the "top plays from camp" video, I was wondering who he was, and if he has any shot at making the team. They are saying he is having a great camp. I assume he is an undrafted rookie.

Yeah, he's an UDFA from Arizona U. Runs a 4.46 40. And based on what I've seen of him in camp, he has good hands to. So far I would say Douglas, Randle, Jernigan & Hixon have distinguished themselves for that 3rd WR spot.

Tommy made a point of mentioning him during one of his pressers. He was talking about how the 3rd WR spot is a great competition right now and went out of his way to specifically call out Douglas.

Starter
    Coaches have been talking him up. Unless they are mis-directing the media intentionally, I think Barden's days are numbered. No one is talking about him.

Got to agree, this guy probably makes Barden super expendable.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree....A lot of these these young guys seem to already be ahead of Barden on the depth chart

Working on some college footage for him

From what was written today Barden is quietly impressing people....not starting an argument...but maybe we all need to let the coaches sort this out...instead of drawing conclusions based on opinion and bias.......just seems like every year there is some undrafted wide receiver that this board immediately anoints the next Jerry Rice.....Please don't point out Cruz...I am well aware of his story,but he is one in like 100......most of them are packing groceries

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    From what was written today Barden is quietly impressing people....not starting an argument...but maybe we all need to let the coaches sort this out...instead of drawing conclusions based on opinion and bias.......just seems like every year there is some undrafted wide receiver that this board immediately anoints the next Jerry Rice.....Please don't point out Cruz...I am well aware of his story,but he is one in like 100......most of them are packing groceries
    Dude, chill out! Nobody annointed anyone as the next Jerry Rice. It was simply stated that he may be giving Barden a run for his money for the LAST wide receiver spot.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Dude, chill out! Nobody annointed anyone as the next Jerry Rice. It was simply stated that he may be giving Barden a run for his money for the LAST wide receiver spot.

I do not need to "chill out"I wasn't getting upset I was just pointing out that this happens every camp....Anyone recall Mix?and it seems like there is one every year,and other than Cruz they don't even make the team let alone make an impact.....bottom line is let's not get to excited before there is something to get excited about.