+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JPP Half way Perfect?

2. Who's down with JPP? Scary: Jason Pierre-Paulbelieves he reached only 50 percent of his potential while recording 16 sacks last year. Scarier: Giants personnel say he's correct. "You don't try to coach him too much," defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said, "because you don't want to screw him up."

Read more:
    http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d82b05165/article/new-york-giants-training-camp-champs-seek-improvement?module=HP11_cp

JPP!!! We are so lucky to have this guy
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

That is an understatement. When he was picked me and my friends were all upset since we all wanted Rolando McClain. Thank god the idiotic Raiders reached for yet another underachieving player and JPP fell right into our laps. Oh and btw thank god the Eagles picked Brandon Graham instead of JPP since they traded up right in front of us. Could you imagine JPP on the Eagles?

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    That is an understatement. When he was picked me and my friends were all upset since we all wanted Rolando McClain. Thank god the idiotic Raiders reached for yet another underachieving player and JPP fell right into our laps. Oh and btw thank god the Eagles picked Brandon Graham instead of JPP since they traded up right in front of us. Could you imagine JPP on the Eagles?
    You should have seen the boards after we drafted JPP. Majority of fans were upset. I for one was very excited. I got the chance to see JPP play at USF, and he stood out in a big way. His raw ability was something special. It was well documented that JPP first played the game of football his junior year in High School. It would be scary to know how good JPP could be right now if he played football majority of his young life. At 23 he is in the conversation as best defensive player in the league. I expect JPP not to only get better, but to dominate this league.

Giants fan since the early 80s

I think the 16.5 sacks that JPP had was actually understating his talent. The 86 combined tackles, countless batted passes, and especially that FG block shows how good he really is...

Also, even given his extraordinary talent, JPP wouldn't have ever reached his full potential on the Eagles. The organization is about flashy names, not hard production. They wouldn't have had the patience to coach him up to where he is now.

I was another who was upset we drafted JPP. Not because of how good he could be but because I thought he would be another 3-4 year wait to tap his potential. Also, I figured we needed a LB or OL. Glad to be wrong. Loved the Prince pick last year though and Im good with the Wilson pick this year, although I wanted Upshaw. But overtime, I have learned to Trust Reese.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    JPP is a monster and is the most important player on our defense. We are very happy that other teams dont have the consistentcy we have with 1st round picks. You all know teams are ticked off for not taking him. They thought we didnt know what we were doing at time but entering year number 3, we as we always do, showed them that our front office, scouting team, and everyone else that goes into the drafting process knows what we are doing. So happy to be a GMEN fan. In the famous words of Drake............" Man I love my team"..............
    GMEN all day errrrrrry day !!!!!

Yo, you guys ain't cool if you don't got avatars.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    You should have seen the boards after we drafted JPP. Majority of fans were upset. I for one was very excited. I got the chance to see JPP play at USF, and he stood out in a big way. His raw ability was something special. It was well documented that JPP first played the game of football his junior year in High School. It would be scary to know how good JPP could be right now if he played football majority of his young life. At 23 he is in the conversation as best defensive player in the league. I expect JPP not to only get better, but to dominate this league.
    Really wish he stayed for his senior year at USF. Loved watching him grow in that 2009 season.

I dispised the pick of JPP and wanted Weatherspoon so bad. Glad I was wrong, Spoon is still a great player but JPP can be an all time great.

Same with you guys. Wanted earl thomas, brandon graham, or cj spiller. Haha! Like TheAnalyst, thought both JPP and Linval weren't going to contribute much to the defense right away because they were both raw. Considering the poorous giants 09 defense, the idea of drafting two developmental raw defensive lineman pissed me off. On top of it they reached for a guy like phillip dillard whom many projected would go in the 6th or 7th round, much less drafted

Luckily, Jonathan Goff/Keith Bulluck were serviceable at linebacker in 2010 and Canty/Cofield/Osi rebounded after having a terrible 2009. KP also rebounded from his knee surgery excellently. Great job by the front office

I think JPP isnt raw in terms of run defense. He knows how to get leverage, use his length, be violent/physical with his hand punch, and overall execute consistent technique on a pretty good basis against the run. Its pass rushing is more what he's still extremely raw and inconsistent at. Yet, he still had 16.5 sacks... LOL! Inhuman with this guy, can't wait to see the jump in year 3
    Last edited by Neverend; 08-03-2012 at 10:01 PM.