+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albany

Albany

Im going up to Albany in about 40 minutes from Central NJ. I can't wait to see some guys practice thy I'm intrigued about such as Will Hill and David Douglas and more. I'm just wondering if anyone can let me know of any good restaurants that are up there for me and my father to go to. I appreciate it.

it will depend on what your looking for....On wolf rd there is every restaurant imaginable from McDonalds to red lobster......there are several right around campus that you may see some players at....sorry can't tell you ant specific names of those....finding a place to eat won't be a problem....Really depends on what type of meal you want

That helps a lot. Thanks!

honestly when I wrote it I didn't think it was helping
    if you have some specific questions about camp and such you can im me

You gave me the road where all the restaurants are of course that helped. And thanks I will if I have anymore questions

wolf rd is like 15 mins from the campus just of rt 87....good luck....enjoy camp...can be a lot of fun.....if you get a chance try to catch the players going between the 2 main buildings for meeting....you can then see the whole team close up....they rope off a path just in front of where they sell gear....when you go to practice look for the field that has the cherry picker set up for the camera...that will be the main practice field that day...although the crowd will help too....unless you want to sit on ground lawn chairs are nice at times too....unless you have vip passes....which i did get once

For a great deal, Delmonico's on Central Ave is the place to go. You can get a 24oz delmonico steak for about $20. If you want good BBQ, there's Capital Q on Ontario St and Dinosaur BBQ up in Troy (it's only a 20-25 minute drive from the campus). There's also a bunch of chains on Western Ave and a Fridays and a bunch of locally owned places in Stuyvesant Plaza. I haven't been there, but I hear Cafe Madison has a great breakfast (of course that's somewhere on Madison). Peaches Cafe in the Plaza does a good breakfast and lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    wolf rd is like 15 mins from the campus just of rt 87....good luck....enjoy camp...can be a lot of fun.....if you get a chance try to catch the players going between the 2 main buildings for meeting....you can then see the whole team close up....they rope off a path just in front of where they sell gear....when you go to practice look for the field that has the cherry picker set up for the camera...that will be the main practice field that day...although the crowd will help too....unless you want to sit on ground lawn chairs are nice at times too....unless you have vip passes....which i did get once
    Wolf Road is like 5 minutes from campus. All you need to do is exit the campus on Western Ave (or Fuller Rd and take that to Western) and hop on I-87N to exit 2E.

To the OP, there's also a mall right there on Wolf Road called Colonie Center and then there's Crossgates Mall, which you can get to by heading west on either Western or Washington Ave.

hes right delmonicos is good...I didn't know there was one in Albany...personally I like 99 its good food at good price...that's on wolf road

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Wolf Road is like 5 minutes from campus. All you need to do is exit the campus on Western Ave (or Fuller Rd and take that to Western) and hop on I-87N to exit 2E.

To the OP, there's also a mall right there on Wolf Road called Colonie Center and then there's Crossgates Mall, which you can get to by heading west on either Western or Washington Ave.

Drez is more informed than I am obviously...I was talking in heavy traffic depending on time of day...it can take loner than 5 mins to get to wolf rd and that would depend on which end of wolf rd........Id listen to him....hes obviously closer than i am....the cheescake factory is in the mall on wolf rd too which many people like