+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally! We are now just a week away from Football!

After the SB was clinched when the ball from Brady dropped harmlessly to the turf and the dust settled. We had 6 months+ of long offseason to wait to see our Gmen take the field again. I have to say its gone by pretty fast but not FAST Enough! Well now we are a week away from the first preseason game vs Jacksonville. Bout time!!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    After the SB was clinched when the ball from Brady dropped harmlessly to the turf and the dust settled. We had 6 months+ of long offseason to wait to see our Gmen take the field again. I have to say its gone by pretty fast but not FAST Enough! Well now we are a week away from the first preseason game vs Jacksonville. Bout time!!!
    I too am excited! GO BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    I too am excited! GO BLUE
    Hard to believe we are about to wind it up again for another season.. And I don't know about you but it seems hat the preseason games go by quick! Before you know it it will be Sept 5th

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Amen to that.....I can't wait for the preseason. It's always nice to see what everyone on the roster is capable of doing before the reg. season starts. It makes for a lot of forum conversations and predictions

I have been counting down the days since the end of the Super Bowl..Next to my Wife and family I love NY GIANTS just as much...lol
    ALL IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckit91 View Post
    I have been counting down the days since the end of the Super Bowl..Next to my Wife and family I love NY GIANTS just as much...lol
    And I will second that notion

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Alot of people seem to down play pre season football (surely none on these boards), but I for one love watching the bottom of the roster fight for jobs where literally millions of dollars and careers are at stake.....I don't think I've missed a pre season play in close to a decade lol

All-Pro
    So happy football is back. Next week pre season. In just about a month the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Alot of people seem to down play pre season football (surely none on these boards), but I for one love watching the bottom of the roster fight for jobs where literally millions of dollars and careers are at stake.....I don't think I've missed a pre season play in close to a decade lol
    I 100% agree....most of the people you are talking about watch the first quarter or so and then leave....but me it's the opposite, that's when things get interesting lol. I know the starters very well and I'm well aware of their pros and cons but what I love about the pre season games is how they allow us to check out all the guys who've impressed at camp and other guys that just come out of no where.

It's hard to really see how good those player are though down in the depth chart during preseason because they are also playing against 3rd and 4th string guys on the other team. Love watching it though still. I will be there for the Jacksonville game, 2nd row behind our Giants. Can't wait!
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????