+ Reply to Thread

Beatty & Board Response Time

"GIANTS' WILL BEATTY SAYS TESTS ON HIS BACK CONFIRM HE'S MAKING GOOD PROGRESS" (See Roanole Fan's daily press updates)

I'm beginning to wonder if Beatty is the LT at start of season. "Making progress?"
    That is not a statement suggesting that he is well enough to play.

Anyone else finding the response time on the boards to be slower with newer version?

The whole Beatty thing confuses the hell out of me...

Coughlin said he was slowing down which would indicate he's hurting but Beatty said his recent doctor visit was some sort of check up and that he's making progress. If he is truly hurting and slowing down as Coughlin said we have a huge problem. Two a day practices are gone. They have had maybe two or three practices with full pads and minimal contact. I just don't see how he's going to be healthy even after a couple of games of an NFL schedule...especially this one we have coming this year.

If he's not going to be healthy just put Diehl back at LT now and get either Boothe or Petrus in at guard so we can build some cohesion. To just throw guys in on the OL and mix match again isn't going to help our failing running game. We need some consistency there.

I am definitely worried about our oline this season. Any injuries could be devistating. We were the worst run team last year for a reason, and it wasnt just the RBs. The Oline could not block anything. I remember Jacobs and AB and Ware all taking hits in the backfield all the time.

Yes this board is slower. A lot slower. Not sure why.

All-Pro
    I'm starting to worry about durability of Beatty. He is a good LT when he plays, but he is injured all the time.As for putting Diehl back at LT, only as a last resort. He was not good at the position last year and he is another year older.

You guys are having loading time issues? Is it constant, or just in certain threads/forums? The reason I ask is because we're keeping an eye on animated sig pictures, and whether or not they're playing a part in slowing the boards down. Personally, I haven't noticed any slow down at all on my end, but everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    You guys are having loading time issues? Is it constant, or just in certain threads/forums? The reason I ask is because we're keeping an eye on animated sig pictures, and whether or not they're playing a part in slowing the boards down. Personally, I haven't noticed any slow down at all on my end, but everyone is different.
    I think the new boards are far better than the old boards. Speed hasn't been an issue for me and I'm here A LOT lol The animated sig issue might explain some slowness.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think the new boards load slower. It might grind to a halt on gamedays.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    It seems intermittent.when page loads are hanging, they hang for a time, and when its loading smooth it does it for some time as well. It acts like many forums do when being worked on behind the scenes. I would imagine that is what it is. Doesnt seem to be traffic related.

Wow, talk about two unrelated issues.

I think Diehl should be a last resort at LT. Let's see if there's anyone else who can play that position better. Plus, I still think DD is a good run blocker, and he'd be an asset at RT.

I don't notice any slowdowns (Mac, Firefox user).

"Waiting for a response from: etc when loading mostly