+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

I dont care what happens... Tim Lewis gotta go!!6

I DON'T ANna hear its because of the players.. we have a Defensive player of the year candidate in pierre-paul.. 3 1ST ROUND round picks in Phillips, Ross ,Rolled and the first pick in the 2nd round in Webster... We have amazing talent on this D... Steve Spags Dr so much more with so much less... End of the half, you don't run a cover 2 and drop 2 safeties deep when they are trying to bomb downfield..

There's too much confusion out there he's not utilizing the players to use their instincts to the best of their abilities

You at least run a cover 3 and have 3 guys back to defend the deep ball at the end of the half

I don't care how much he wants to rant and rave about guys pulling up short because I haven't seen a defensive effort this great in a long time with Pierre-PAUL ...

With this type of talent , in no way shape or form should we be ranked towards the back of the league in any defensive category... PERRY FEWELL HAS GOT TO GO

Veteran

Re: I dont care what happens... Tim Lewis gotta go!!6

Ross looks lost out there.

So does the rest of the D, but Ross looked really bad tonight.

i was thinking Billy Sheridan version 2 but...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

[quote user="Itlan"]Ross looks lost out there.

So does the rest of the D, but Ross looked really bad tonight.[/quote]

If there's confusion on the d its the coaches job to make sure the plays and schemes are second nature to all these players

[quote user="shotcalla39"]I DON'T ANna hear its because of the players.. we have a Defensive player of the year candidate in pierre-paul.. 3 1ST ROUND round picks in Phillips, Ross ,Rolled and the first pick in the 2nd round in Webster... We have amazing talent on this D... Steve Spags Dr so much more with so much less... End of the half, you don't run a cover 2 and drop 2 safeties deep when they are trying to bomb downfield.. You at least run a cover 3 and have 3 guys back to defend the deep ball.. I don't care how much he wants to rant and rave about guys pulling up short because I haven't seen a defensive effort this great in a long time with Pierre-PAUL ... With this type of talent , in no way shape or form should we be ranked towards the back of the league in any defensive category... PERRY FEWELL HAS GOT TO GO[/quote]It is time for the guy who brought this trash here to go too. You canno allow your DC to **** up constantly and not take any action. When you defense is getting torched for over 400 yards per game, there is something wrong and you need to do something ablout it. Obvisoulsy Coughlin cannot do anything about it, so he needs to go.

You run at least a cover 3 so you have 3 guys to defend the deep ball?

There's a lot of good books available on amazon or wherever that can teach you about the concepts and how things like a cover 3 work.

Banned

I hate debating with a few of my good friends on here but I agree and my eyes are open and Fewell gots to go.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]You run at least a cover 3 so you have 3 guys to defend the deep ball?

There's a lot of good books available on amazon or wherever that can teach you about the concepts and how things like a cover 3 work.[/quote]
    Ft
    Hey cover 3 equals. 3 deep zone.. I understand football.. I'm not a coach or nothin but I played in high schyool and pop Warner for 7 years and 2 times against Ray rice in 03 and 04e .. I'm not a scholar but I understand PF has gotta go and I understand basic coverages

Fewell better crack the whip on his DB's if he wants to be here next year. No playoffs = you're fired Perry. That garbage we saw tonight was pathetic, and JPP and our offense covered for their butts. I think Mara and JR should call them out in a meeting to let these guys know their poor performances are unacceptable and embarrassing to the franchise. It's like they don't even give a crap that they blow coverages like its nothing.

[quote user="shotcalla39"]t
    Hey cover 3 equals. 3 deep zone.. I understand football.. I'm not a coach or nothin but I played in high schyool and pop Warner for 7 years and 2 times against Ray rice in 03 and 04e .. I'm not a scholar but I understand PF has gotta go and I understand basic coverages[/quote]

Cover 3 is primarily a run defense, it's the easy way to walk a safety down into the box. Any nfl team in the league (well maybe not the broncos) sees a cover 3 and audibles to a pass.

Run a cover 3 to stop the pass and opposing offenses chew you up with intermediate routes all day long.