+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Cruz to "Avoid Injury"

Anyone wonder if Cruz will take it down a notch to avoid injury? He is looking to cash in, just like anyone else would, but if injury occurs (ala TT) all that
    money will go down the drain before he can put his hands on it. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would, but it's definately a concern.

Not a concern, he has too much pride for that and without the production, there will be no big contract.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Not a concern at all. What makes you think he would get a big contract by following up 1 good season with a careful, mediocre season? Doesn't make sense at all.

I'm more concerned about his salsa. He hasn't done it since February and he might be a bit rusty.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I'm more concerned about his salsa. He hasn't done it since February and he might be a bit rusty.
    He can easily dislocate a hip. lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Not a concern at all. What makes you think he would get a big contract by following up 1 good season with a careful, mediocre season? Doesn't make sense at all.
    +1

Moreover, the quickest way to get injured in football is to play so as to avoid injury . . . .

Anyone that's played before knows, when you take it down a notch to avoid injury is when you end up getting hurt.....go hard always...

Bench Player
    I hope so. These guys understand that their careers can be very short and the opportunity to "cash in" is very slim. I hope that Cruz is a Giant for life. Go Giants.

Not concerned about that at all. Injuries are a part of the game. They happen and Cruz has had one that put him on IR. If he comes out swinging this season, he'll be offered an extension before mid-season IMO.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not concerned about that at all. Injuries are a part of the game. They happen and Cruz has had one that put him on IR. If he comes out swinging this season, he'll be offered an extension before mid-season IMO.
    I'm thinking before mid season, too. I think JR kind of hinted at that possibility with a remark he made a week or so ago, don't you?