+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter

Question about LineBackers

I know Boley has been out of pratice for a little while so when he was who was takin reps with the first team at weak side???? J WIll or Keith Rivers.
    Also, have u guys heard much about how Rivers is doing???

I get all my practice reports news from nj.com they do a breakdown for every day the giants practice.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    I know Boley has been out of pratice for a little while so when he was who was takin reps with the first team at weak side???? J WIll or Keith Rivers.
    Also, have u guys heard much about how Rivers is doing???
    Paysinger has been taking reps with the 1's, and has been cashing in on this opportunity. Rivers is still learning, but getting better with each day.

Williams I haven't heard too much about, which may be a good thing in the "no news is good news" kind of way. I know he's missed a couple practices because he tweaked his hip a little.

They say that Paysinger has gotten bigger this year and looks real good....

At the start of training camp, I thought that Jones and Paysinger would be the guys "on the bubble", but all of the practice reports seem to indicate that both are playing very well. Herzlich is also playing well. I don't know what to think now . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    At the start of training camp, I thought that Jones and Paysinger would be the guys "on the bubble", but all of the practice reports seem to indicate that both are playing very well. Herzlich is also playing well. I don't know what to think now . . . .
    I'm with you GMENAGAIN. What used to be a position that concerned a lot of us, now seems to be stronger than it has been in some time.

I read that along with Pasinger gaining weight, Williams is now up to 240 and has not lost any speed/quickness. And I am happy from what I have read on how well Herzlich has looked in camp--I read he has gotten stronger and quicker as well. I don't know how many backers we keep on the final 53, but at this rate I think the only LB that may not make it is the rookie, Jake Muasau. But I could see the Giants putting him on the PS.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I'm with you GMENAGAIN. What used to be a position that concerned a lot of us, now seems to be stronger than it has been in some time.

I read that along with Pasinger gaining weight, Williams is now up to 240 and has not lost any speed/quickness. And I am happy from what I have read on how well Herzlich has looked in camp--I read he has gotten stronger and quicker as well. I don't know how many backers we keep on the final 53, but at this rate I think the only LB that may not make it is the rookie, Jake Muasau. But I could see the Giants putting him on the PS.
    I think you're right. It's hard to see Muasau making the team, especially because he is injured and hasn't been able to get on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I think you're right. It's hard to see Muasau making the team, especially because he is injured and hasn't been able to get on the field.
    Oh and forgot about Adrian Tracy, he's listed as a LB, but I think he may play more DE if he makes the final 53.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

i dont think they know exactly what they want to do with rivers at the moment. some say they might use him as a mlb down the road or olb doesnt seem like a decisions been made on him yet they are also prolly cautious with him as well because he's injury prone i know we dont want another lavarr arrington situation boy was that brutal

Starter
    Thanks guys, yea I been readin up a lot I just havnt heard much about weak side. I figured Williams would be there because he played a lot last year. Or Rivers because of experience but that's still really good to hear that Paysinger is there. That's a lot of compition at LB for the first time in a while, we need that. And also I like that they have been puttin Jones at Strong side and I said it beforebut ill say it again. Hertz is going tobe our starting MLB. Its good to finally have a talented group of guys