+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Question--how many safeties will make the final 53?

I only ask this question because of the 4 game suspension that Sash will have to serve. So along with Phillips, Rolle, Sash---do the Giants keep 2 more in Hill, Brown and/or Horton? Or do they just carry 4, even with Sash out for 4 games.

I remember hearing Fewell say they have been trying Williams out in the hybrid spot that Grant played last season, so maybe that weighs into how many safeties they carry?

Thanks
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Do suspended players count against the active roster?

Its to bad Thomas went down because it would of given the Giants even more personnel options. Giants have a wide variety of mix and match options at LB. Probably see more of standard 4-3 with 3 LB looks and 3 CB Nickel looks instead of 3 safety Nickel.

All-Pro
    I think Will Hill is making onto this teams roster.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    thats a good question--Im not sure, I will have to look that one up. If not than I would say that the Giants keep Hill and Brown to go along with KP and Rolle. But then one of them will be cut when Sash comes back?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

If you mean the 46 that suit up on game day, then no. But they do count against the 53 man roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I think Will Hill is making onto this teams roster.
    Im kinda worried about that kid though. He seems like he always was a Me type player. He made some very questionable decisions while in college as well. If he has his head on straight, he is a hell of an athlete, but I wouldnt count on him. Not yet anyway. Maybe he did turn a corner though. I wasnt a big fan of his at Florida though. Took to many plays off.

5trive for Fiv5

I say 4, and Will Hill wil be one of them. The kid can play, let's hope the Giants way will rub off on him and he will show a more mature attitude then he did at UF.
    They don't just play the notes on the page...they play what's in the air.

If you mean the 46 that suit up on game day, then no. But they do count against the 53 man roster.
    So the Saints players that are only suspended a few games will count against their team's 53 man roster?

So the Saints players that are only suspended a few games will count against their team's 53 man roster?
    Actually, now you have me second guessing myself. I don't remember them signing a guy to fill Jimmy Kennedy's roster spot when he got suspended last season. But now that you mention the Saints suspended players I'm thinking that there is no way they count against their 53 man.
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.