+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A feel good story about Eli

I was resetting passwords earlier when I received an email from a fan. I won't identify who she is, but she said we could post the body of her email here.

"My grown son is going through a really hard time right now. He lost his job a few months ago and is having a hard time finding another one. He has been depressed for a while. Yesterday, I talked him into going to the camp at Albany U. Keep in mind he lives, eats and breathes Ny Giants, as does his 4 year old son. We watched the practice for quite a while, then stood in line for the autograph session.My grandson was on top of his Dads shoulders screaming for ELI!(A fave) of both of them.When Eli came through, he signed my grandsons helmet! I have never seen such a HUGE smile on either ones face before! From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank Mr. Manning for brightening the lives of the 2 most important men in my life.You will never know much a small act of kindness meant to these 2 fans. God Bless you Eli Manning!!!"

I often wonder if players realize the effect they can have on their fans?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 08-07-2012 at 06:05 PM.

This brought a smile to my face. These players are heroes to many fans, be it young or old. These players should realize how much they mean to a lot of people.

If she's reading this, whoever she may be, I wish the best of luck to your son and hope he finds something
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

I hope someone in the organization reads this and puts it up in the locker room.

This is awesome. This is what it's all about. What makes it all worth wild.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

What a sweet note you received. I believe most players are aware of the effect they have on their fans, especially the young fans. Time, commitments, personal matters may at times distract them, but I strongly believe every Giants player knows we are here. We are like their shadow. God bless the Giants. God bless that mother and her loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    What a sweet note you received. I believe most players are aware of the effect they have on their fans, especially the young fans. Time, commitments, personal matters may at times distract them, but I strongly believe every Giants player knows we are here. We are like their shadow. God bless the Giants. God bless that mother and her loved ones.
    Well said.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I am certain that most if not all of the Giants realize the enormous impact they have on people's lives.
    It is a pleasure to be a fan of such a great organization that counts among its core values: class, honor, dignity and respect.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I am certain that most if not all of the Giants realize the enormous impact they have on people's lives.
    It is a pleasure to be a fan of such a great organization that counts among its core values: class, honor, dignity and respect.
    I second that!!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

some of us are so deep into the fanthom ...it makes us sick to stomach when things go wrong like losses or injuries....some of us buy 3 newspappers a day read every article , read everything online, surf the net for giants memrobilia every single day...day in day out ....we love and breath giants, so when things go right with a win, or getting to meet someone, its like the birth of your child, happpiest day.......hope the players know how much they and the team mean to alot of us nutty fans

I will never forget when I was about 15 my father took me to training camp and all that I wanted was a Tiki Barber autograph as did EVERYONE else. Shockey hopped on the golf cart and high tailed it to the locker room, Eli spot signed here and there and Tiki Barber literally went to EVERYONE waiting for his autograph and signed for them and took pictures with them if they asked. He was outside signing autographs for over 2 hours until everyone had his signature. Regardless of what Tiki may have done or said in the media, he really cared about the fans and I will always love Tiki Barber for that. I still have his autograph hung up in my living room and will never forget that moment. It was a great father/son moment and trip that I will always remember all because Tiki Barber took 30 seconds out of his day to recognize my father and I.