+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philly burbs
    Posts
    165

    Big running back needed?

    Wilson may be more of a Megett change of pace back as a rookie sort of like Westbrook and McCoy were before becoming a three down back. Bradshaw has trouble playing 16 games. So do you think the Giants might be looking for a big back on the waiver wire to get us through this season and whom do you think that might be? Or will they stay with frequently injured Ware or the untried Scott?

  2. #2
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,774
    Quote Originally Posted by cva14 View Post
    Wilson may be more of a Megett change of pace back as a rookie sort of like Westbrook and McCoy were before becoming a three down back. Bradshaw has trouble playing 16 games. So do you think the Giants might be looking for a big back on the waiver wire to get us through this season and whom do you think that might be? Or will they stay with frequently injured Ware or the untried Scott?
    They don't need a big back, they need a back. Just like we don't need a tall receiver.
    I do think we are one quality, experienced back short right now unless Wilson shows he's ready quickly and Scott shows he's ready for prime time. That is a lot to ask for. It is possible,but still alot to ask.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #3
    Brandon Jacobs was huge and he barely ever got the yard when we needed it

  4. #4
    Bench Player FranklinsTower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    They don't need a big back, they need a back. Just like we don't need a tall receiver. I do think we are one quality, experienced back short right now unless Wilson shows he's ready quickly and Scott shows he's ready for prime time. That is a lot to ask for. It is possible,but still alot to ask.
    I couldn't agree more......
    They don't just play the notes on the page...they play what's in the air.

  5. #5
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,882
    I don't think they need to get a big RB. But if there is one pos. that concerns me about this team is RB. They are one Ahmad Bradshaw injury away from becoming a huge whole in the offense. Da'rel Scott still has a lot to prove; Ware hasn't proven himself to be a 20-30 carry/game back; Dave Wilson is good (possibly great), but is a rookie. We don't know how well and quick he will adjust to the NFL.

    I'd feel a lot more comfortable if another RB who could step in just in case someone goes down.

  6. #6
    Starter nygmen90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Brandon Jacobs was huge and he barely ever got the yard when we needed it
    i agree with you


  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Brandon Jacobs was huge and he barely ever got the yard when we needed it
    As a former RB to be fair there is limited things you can do when
    A. you never really had intial burst speed to begin with &
    B. your O-Line collapsed infront of you, almost all the time.
    i think this was jacobs case, that oline never opened up a hole long enough for him to go rumbling through it so he tried often to bouce it outside and that never worked. just a side note i remembered when i used to play we had a guy Keron Nelson 5'11 like 230 solid big kid Running back i was splitting time with him, i was the smaller speed back at 5'7 185. I remember at a meeting some of the O-Line were complainig of the collateral damage they were taking in the back when he use to plow through the line pushing whoever over lol. i sure its the same case in the pro's i wonder if that affected Jacob's North/South style mentality or was it just that the Oline were not keeping those limited gaps open.

    i dont think its all jacobs fault

  8. #8
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Brandon Jacobs was huge and he barely ever got the yard when we needed it
    im not the only who saw this!
    though i really dont feel we need another back. i think they wont try to run it up the middle knowing baas cant get the push needed. from what ive read, they are working hard on the run game in camp, so i have to believe itll be there and well go back to a run first team, but throw more then we used to

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    As a former RB to be fair there is limited things you can do when
    A. you never really had intial burst speed to begin with &
    B. your O-Line collapsed infront of you, almost all the time.
    i think this was jacobs case, that oline never opened up a hole long enough for him to go rumbling through it so he tried often to bouce it outside and that never worked. just a side note i remembered when i used to play we had a guy Keron Nelson 5'11 like 230 solid big kid Running back i was splitting time with him, i was the smaller speed back at 5'7 185. I remember at a meeting some of the O-Line were complainig of the collateral damage they were taking in the back when he use to plow through the line pushing whoever over lol. i sure its the same case in the pro's i wonder if that affected Jacob's North/South style mentality or was it just that the Oline were not keeping those limited gaps open.

    i dont think its all jacobs fault
    His lack of great initial burst is a factor, but also his pad level. Sometimes he'd run too tall and upright in short yardage situations isntead of lowering his pads with a good forward lean.

  10. #10
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,774
    When teams get down to final cuts, I think the Giants will be able to find an upgrade over Ware for sure.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts