+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If its what you beleive then I'm fine with your view whether any one else agrees or not. But here's the point. If a player believes that he and his team played badly, its reasonable to say that they beat themselves. If you think they played well then you disagree. But you can't argue that its a reasonable position to say that the Packers played poorly.
    Again, missing my point (unless you're just ****ing with me, in which case "oh well").

It's not really a "reasonable" position for Mathews to take, actually. You can think it's "understandable" for him to take that position. Completely different meaning.

But after 7 months have elapsed, it's no longer even understandable. It's delusional whining, and various writers and pundits are beginning to call him out on it (beginning with Vacchiano, but it won't end with him)

It would be "understandable" for the Cowboys to think they "beat themselves" in Week 17. But not reasonable. And I don't hear any of them saying it.

Even Rex, notorious for saying publicly and often how they "beat themselves" in big games, could have "understandably" made the claim, yet I don't recall him saying that after our Week 16 game. I'm sure he thought it. But he didn't say it (he was most likely too embarrassed-even for him--to say it). Or maybe Jacobs intimidated him into silence.

The Packers didn't barely lose by a play or two, or by a bad ref call or two, or by a bad play call or two. There was no "shooting themselves in the foot" that game, which is usually a cause for claiming a team "beat themselves".

They got humiliated that game. And again, does it truly matter if that humiliation was due to being outplayed by the opponent, or if it was because they didn't come to play that day? Either should be a humbling experience, in my opinion, and actually to say that they didn't come to play that day is more shameful to admit, frankly.

I honestly don't care what Matthews says. That's not what my posts have been about. I certainly don't take it personally. Why should I? He's not attacking me. I never engage in the "Giants get no respect" threads as a rule. Not because I don't agree with that sentiment necessarily, but because I'm used to that attitude from the sports media in general. For years now. So what? I long ago got over it, and accept it as a natural course of events. And also because I'm sure that 75-80% of other teams fans feel the same way about their team's treatment by the media as well.

I'm engaging in this specific one only because I think Matthews has made a royal fool of himself with these comments and I find it entertaining to give my perspective on his comments. It's not his "disrespect" of the Giants I care about or object to. It's the lack of self-awareness displayed by him with these specific remarks, as I've tried multiple times to describe and critique.

He does not make himself--or his team--look any better professionally with these remarks.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    We will see you guys again November 25th. I think we will play our hearts out in that one to get revenge.
    well good luck to ya should be a great game !.... just so you know we're gonna keep the trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    God this is second time we've come away from a long NFL season with a Lombardi trophy and get no respect from the league. Just irks the hell out of me to no end! I hope we lay down the law on some teams this year....
    Giants and SB's are reflected in he who is Eli.

It's a microcosm really.

The beloved spretty boy picks get up-ended by the square-jaw, lunch pail types...

ergo, in spite of success, the outsiders still throw dirt on you.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Banned
    I myself cant believe the hatred Packer fans have for the Giants on our board. http://www.packerforum.com/threads/w...-season.37669/

Banned
    That board is full of despicable creatures. They are such sore losers it oa comical.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    I myself cant believe the hatred Packer fans have for the Giants on our board. http://www.packerforum.com/threads/w...-season.37669/
    We give them reason to hate us. We've crush their dreams twice. The Patriot fans dont care for us much either. But I think it's worse for the Packer fans. My in-laws live in GB. I had my wedding reception at Lambeau . I'm very familiar with that town. And all they have their football team. So it's extra sweet when we keep beating them when it counts.

You guys are hardly an after thought for us, only getting attention when one of your players says something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    We give them reason to hate us. We've crush their dreams twice. The Patriot fans dont care for us much either. But I think it's worse for the Packer fans. My in-laws live in GB. I had my wedding reception at Lambeau . I'm very familiar with that town. And all they have their football team. So it's extra sweet when we keep beating them when it counts.

You guys are hardly an after thought for us, only getting attention when one of your players says something stupid.
    My wedding was at the Vatican and the Pope officiated.
    He's actually a cool guy!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    That board is full of despicable creatures. They are such sore losers it oa comical.
    Yeah, I know.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My wedding was at the Vatican and the Pope officiated.
    He's actually a cool guy!
    That's.....cool?

I love how the Packer fans whine about 9-7 team winning when they won as a 10-6 team the year before. They couldnt stop the giants Offense in either game. How about u make a big play Clay. Let me guess U were getting tested and couldnt hit the needle that week