+ Reply to Thread

Superbowl Haftime show?

Don't think anything has been announced yet, so anyone have any suggestions they would like to see perform at halftime?
    I'm hoping for ZZ Topp, while they can still do it. Van Halen wouldn't be bad, although they've screwed their fans with postponed and cancelled smaller venues quite a bit this year. Rush is Canadian - so maybe that excludes them? Please - no more techno-pop nonsense, or female only orientated entertainers for boosting viewership!

Whoever it is...you can bank on it that it will be absolute ****!

If the current music industry was a living thing I would smother it with a pillow and put it out of its misery.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

I've missed almost every halftime, anyway - given there's always wings and ribs in the oven to check on, or maybe a quick 3 on 3 to be played in the parking lot. But sometimes I get stuck with a dull crew, and don't need that further depressed by having to watch whatever is the latest googoo gaga they shove down your throat these days. There has to be some old funk band they could truck out there - Earth, Wind, and Fire? Isleys?

I don't want to be sober during the halftime show next year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I don't want to be sober during the halftime show next year for sure.
    Well, why don't they think about what some percentage of viewers would like to see - to prevent this type of social deviance from occurring? Isn't Black Sabbath 3/4 reunited?

There hasn't been a good halftime show since SB42 w/ Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    There hasn't been a good halftime show since SB42 w/ Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.....
    His band was suprisingly good. Not a big fan of him normally, but his "Wildflowers" album was also well done.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    His band was suprisingly good. Not a big fan of him normally, but his "Wildflowers" album was also well done.
    My father was a Petty fan...when I was a kid, the first CD i listened to religiously was his greatest hits CD that came out in '93. I was 10, lol
    Still love it!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

^ Sharing a common taste for music with your dad, and getting that time together, is extra special. Johnny Cash is the man my dad passed on an apppreciation for, but I can't anticipate anything like that being played at Halftime - unless it's on my turntable...