+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Havind said that I do think the Jeff Daniels character is well performed.
    I never took him seriously, and his performance is amazing. Reason why I love the show - him, Charlie, and that blonde girl is pretty cool.

I mean she's supposedly been dodging bullets in a war zone for several years and they expect the audience to believe that she's some kind of emotional basket case in a cable newsroom.
    Just rediculous writing.
    soooo your general point is that anybody whose ever been in war zones typically doesn't have emotional breakdowns when they get back?

great analysis

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    soooo your general point is that anybody whose ever been in war zones typically doesn't have emotional breakdowns when they get back?

great analysis
    Thanks Matt. I thought it was well reasoned too!
    Get well soon 80.

Thanks Matt. I thought it was well reasoned too!
    I miss pointing out the flaws in your comments

I miss pointing out the flaws in your comments
    When you've been through hell you get some perspective. You don't let petty things bother you.
    Her character is not believable. It just doesn't work.
    Love Jeff Daniels character, but that chick is a poorly written and performed character.
    Get well soon 80.

When you've been through hell you get some perspective. You don't let petty things bother you.
    Her character is not believable. It just doesn't work.
    Love Jeff Daniels character, but that chick is a poorly written and performed character.
    Eh I can deal with her nit being a good character but your heavily under estimating the female physche. And this idea you have that All people have the same reactions is just false. I can introduce you to some people that have come back from Iraq that are hardened emotionally from it but also others who are broken from it.

I don't mind your opinion, just your reasoning for it. I actually think they portray the whole perspective thing your referring to, in her "business" side.

Quite frankly I hate the blonde and that whole love story. I think it's way too forced. But I do love the show and Harry's (Jeff Daniels) character is greatly written and acted. It's a wishful thinking show

Eh I can deal with her nit being a good character but your heavily under estimating the female physche. And this idea you have that All people have the same reactions is just false. I can introduce you to some people that have come back from Iraq that are hardened emotionally from it but also others who are broken from it.

I don't mind your opinion, just your reasoning for it. I actually think they portray the whole perspective thing your referring to, in her "business" side.

Quite frankly I hate the blonde and that whole love story. I think it's way too forced. But I do love the show and Harry's (Jeff Daniels) character is greatly written and acted. It's a wishful thinking show
    I've been watching but I'm not sure for how much longer. Yes the blonde chick is also a waste of airtime. Focus on Jeff Daniels and stop being so leftist. There are only a few more months with Barack anyways.
    Get well soon 80.

I've been watching but I'm not sure for how much longer. Yes the blonde chick is also a waste of airtime. Focus on Jeff Daniels and stop being so leftist. There are only a few more months with Barack anyways.
    It's not about being "leftist".....he admitted he's more conservative. The point of the ENTIRE SHOW is to call out all the lying bull****, on both sides of the spectrum, not showing political association. And I love the show for that reason. The theme of the show is basically "I dont care who you are. Stop lying to the public"...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Haven't gotten the chance to watch the last 2 episodes, but I really think I am going to later on in the week. Thank god it's over so I can catch up with 2 more episodes before anything good in the fall comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    It's not about being "leftist".....he admitted he's more conservative. The point of the ENTIRE SHOW is to call out all the lying bull****, on both sides of the spectrum, not showing political association. And I love the show for that reason. The theme of the show is basically "I dont care who you are. Stop lying to the public"...
    Yet nothing he does or says is conservative at all. Its a show written by those on the left suggesting that "real republicans are simple people that agree with Democrats. Its a rediculous point of view. . People on the left always fail to understand what real conservatism is. Its a belief in the individual and not the government. Its an essential belief in the human spirit. He knocks the tea party and calls them all kinds of names when he fails to understand what the "Tea Party" movement is. Its born of a basic frustration that after the stimulus, we have no accountablity from our ghovernment, that half of all Americsans were completely shut out of the process. And that its our children who will bear the brunt. The very people who tend to support Democrats (younger people) are the ones who will be the most negatively impacted by run away spending.
    This show is simply a Democratic view of what a good Republican should be in their minds. To them the answer is a Democrat.
    And that chick was even more obnoxious in yesterday's show. I had to turn it off after the first 30 minutes.
    Get well soon 80.