+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DT Markus Kuhn impressing Giants' head coach Tom Coughlin

LINK

Excerpt: "Things did not get off to a relatively good start for New York Giants seventh-round pick Markus Kuhn. The defensive tackle struggled with work visa issues that prevented him from taking part in rookie mini-camp or full-team mini-camp in early June, which put him behind the eight ball when it was time to report to training camp in Albany. However, with said visa issues cleared up, it hasn't taken Kuhn very long to make quite the impression on head coach Tom Coughlin. Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He's a very interesting player, but I'm not so sure that there is room for a player as raw as he is on the 53 man roster . . . .

If he goes on the practice squad.. my fear is someone will pick him up..

I think Canty is PUP for the start of the season and we make the decision later

Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    If he goes on the practice squad.. my fear is someone will pick him up..
    Since he was a drafted and signed rookie, if he goes to the practice squad, no teams can pick him up until next season.

i love late pick guys that start to turn heads.

Love it.

Do you guys think its possible he see some playing time? I hope he turns into a beast - can you imagine our defensive line with Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Osi - and then Kuhn? Oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i love late pick guys that start to turn heads.

Love it.
    +1. Always love a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
    Since he was a drafted and signed rookie, if he goes to the practice squad, no teams can pick him up until next season.
    Really? I didn't know that - but being able to put projects onto the practice squad with no fear of other teams picking them up is great

good to know that others teams cant pick him up, I think he'll wind up on the practice squad this year
    Last edited by Carter.525; 08-08-2012 at 10:04 PM.