+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Giants looking for answers at tight end

LINK

Excerpt: "Veteran tight ends coach Mike Pope has seen quite a bit over the course of his long NFL coaching career. But this year might be a first for the 30-year coaching veteran who entered camp with several new faces joining his meeting room.
    “We do have more new faces now then maybe we ever have,” said Pope, whose holdovers from last year include Bear Pascoe and Christian Hopkins, the latter of whom was on the team’s practice squad last year.

“It’s very rare to lose two players in one game at the end of the season like we did, so we’ve been trying very hard to replace those guys with athletes and I think we’ve been able to do that.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bugging me that Bennett seems to be way behind Bear on the depth chart.

The words he used "Try to replace guys with Athletes" is that a shot at Reese or the players or both

Bennett is a crazy athlete.. Hopefully Eli can make him a weapon

Bennett - Bear - Robinson

Veteran
    Well there are preseason games to be played but at this point Robinson looks like the true definition of a long term project. Black Unicorn is absolutely jacked but it remains to be seen if he can pick up the offense. If so you would think he'd be physically superior to bear - but bear has experience and knows the O.

Bench Player
    i bet bear will look better come this weekend, but bennet will eventually come into his own in this offense. im rooting for him, he is hilarous and id love to hear funny qoutes from him for another decade lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The words he used "Try to replace guys with Athletes" is that a shot at Reese or the players or both
    Wow read into things much?

I've been waiting for the day they really inject the position with some athleticism and talent. Seeing that they've extracted some respectable production from late rounders and UDFAs, the notion of them not valuing the TE position is rather farce as an argument. Hopefully, Robinson can be that athletic in-line guy. I know nothing about him.

I like that these guys are good blockers.. the O-line is going to need some help this year

Quote Originally Posted by jpmetrick View Post
    i bet bear will look better come this weekend, but bennet will eventually come into his own in this offense. im rooting for him, he is hilarous and id love to hear funny qoutes from him for another decade lol.
    The funny quotes are only funny if he produces. If he doesn't produce, his funny quotes won't be so funny.