+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings

Bench Player

Greetings

Hello. I'm Nolan and this is my first post.

I have been lurking this board on and off since like 2005 or 2006. I think this place is the best source for Giants info, articles, breaking news, gossip, and banter. Actually, I tend to start my morning by reading Roanoke Fan's daily excerpts & article links before work all the time. My father often complains that there is never enough Giants news out there and i agree. That is why i dig this message board because I can find out all the info I need. Sometimes immediately after it breaks, and then get insight & opinions from other fans.

Now that there is a "new" message board here, and we are gearing up for the G-Men to defend their title, I feel like now is as good of a time as any to finally join up and post.

It seems like this board often has civil wars between the pesimistic Giants fans and the optimisitic Giants fans. I would say that i fall somewhere in the middle typically, but I find myself, while realistic, a glass is half full fan more often then not. I can get into my fandom history a little later, but for now, i just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.

1. Football fan first
    2. Giants fan second

is my motto.

If you enjoy football in general, then you are good to go.

Most posters are giant homers, some more often than others, and can't take off the Giants homer-ism glasses.

There are sometimes no gray areas here, but hopefully that'll change eventually.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
    1. Football fan first
    2. Giants fan second

is my motto.

If you enjoy football in general, then you are good to go.

Most posters are giant homers, some more often than others, and can't take off the Giants homer-ism glasses.

There are sometimes no gray areas here, but hopefully that'll change eventually.
    Giant fan first and won't watch much football unless Giants are playing....has changed in recent years because of fantasy football....but cant stand to watch a sport if I do not have a rooting interest...Id like to think I can see the Giants for what they are and know they can always improve....but I will never give up on them.

Oh and btw....welcome to the boards

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Giant fan first and won't watch much football unless Giants are playing....has changed in recent years because of fantasy football....but cant stand to watch a sport if I do not have a rooting interest...Id like to think I can see the Giants for what they are and know they can always improve....but I will never give up on them.
    That's fine, but if you're to talk football passionately you have to look around the NFL rather than just the Giants.

I understand if you're not rooting for anyone it can get boring, but if you like to analyze and discuss more about the game, it's good to be open-minded to other teams.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.