+ Reply to Thread

Give Webster some props

With the exception of the play in which Rolle screwed up and Dez Bryant caught the huge TD, Webster completely took him out of the game. He's done that a lot this season.

He is the only bright spot on what is a dark skid mark of a secondary, but he won't be credited because as a team they are just so bad, even if he is good.

Re: Give Webster some props

agreed. he played well.

what really hurt was not having philips. It almost as if we had one safety out there all game. Those big plays would not have been happening with such ease if KP was out there

How do we know Rolle screwed up? I didn't realize any of us knew the play call.

[quote user="slipknottin"]How do we know Rolle screwed up? I didn't realize any of us knew the play call.[/quote]

Well, unless Perry Fewell called only Man coverage for Webster, and zone for the rest of the secondary, I'd say it's safe to say Rolle screwed up.

Webster was playing a low zone and made a break on the TE, releasing Dez Bryant, who was supposed to be covered by Rolle over the top. Instead, Rolle played the TE as well, resulting in a 50 yard bomb.

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]
    Well, unless Perry Fewell called only Man coverage for Webster, and zone for the rest of the secondary, I'd say it's safe to say Rolle screwed up.
    .[/quote]

That exact thing happens all the time. For instance, that could have been a cover 7 call. Where Rolle was supposed to slice under the underneath receiver, while Webster was supposed to be in man coverage. We have no idea, unless the coaching staff or players tell us we really don't know.