+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How are the new refs doing so far?

Its only week 1 of the preseason so i am not in much of a panic. But from what ive seen so far in the 3 games ive watched personally, there were some pretty bad calls made out there. And calls that were pretty obvious at that. It's still early so i am hoping things shape up by week 3 of the preseason. Maybe these new refs just need to get accustomed to the speed of the NFL. Any thoughts? What do you think of the officiating so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Its only week 1 of the preseason so i am not in much of a panic. But from what ive seen so far in the 3 games ive watched personally, there were some pretty bad calls made out there. And calls that were pretty obvious at that. It's still early so i am hoping things shape up by week 3 of the preseason. Maybe these new refs just need to get accustomed to the speed of the NFL. Any thoughts? What do you think of the officiating so far?
    There were some pretty bad, obvious calls by the old refs last year!!! There's no accountability!! You say anything you get fined!! The refs are protected and it's complete BS!!! Heads need to roll!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

They were actually pretty bad LOL.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Honestly, its not like the regular refs did a stellar job last season. I really didn't see much difference last night with the replacements ref.

This thread should have been made in the general sports section, sorry about that

the play where the guy caught a punt around the 5 yard line and it was called a touchback was TURRIBLE !

With the love the Giants receive from the regular refs. . . .anything would be an improvement.

The only thing I am seeing from these refs is that they are opting not to throw flags. Holding aplenty, Def PI, big hits...etc. I have no problem with that. But if they are missing things like Hakeem sideline catches, fumbles ruled improperly and 12 men on field then there is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

It's almost impossible to watch 22 men on a field moving as fast as these guys do, and be able to call a perfect game. Calls get missed, these guys are human. Thank god for instant replay.

They all seem extremely hesitant. Did anyone see the touchback call on the Bills punt last night? It was clearly downed inside the 5 and they called touchback at which point the bills had to burn a challenge to get the right call.