+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Im glad we won, but...

I am also realistic enough to know that extending the season is pointless if we dont improve this defense.

At this point I'd say we have 1 of the 3 worst defenses in the NFL. Going on what I have seen, not just the stats i'd say the Patriots and Colts are the only teams I can definitly say are worse. Maybe the Bills...maybe.

Re: Im glad we won, but...

I kinda agree with you. The only difference is that I believe (I'm not certain at all, of course), but I believe that we have the POTENTIAL to be better on D than the other teams mentioned. We have players that have been great or good for quite a few years.

I hope we make the playoffs, but I wouldn't expect much once there.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I am also realistic enough to know that extending the season is pointless if we dont improve this defense.

At this point I'd say we have 1 of the 3 worst defenses in the NFL. Going on what I have seen, not just the stats i'd say the Patriots and Colts are the only teams I can definitly say are worse. Maybe the Bills...maybe.

[/quote]

I'll concede, the defense sucks ***.

But, given the last 2 weeks, I'm firmly convinced Eli gives the Giants a slugger's chance to beat any team in the NFL.

This defense just needs to improve from "F" to "D+" over the next 3 weeks.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I am also realistic enough to know that extending the season is pointless if we dont improve this defense.

At this point I'd say we have 1 of the 3 worst defenses in the NFL.* Going on what I have seen, not just the stats i'd say the Patriots and Colts are the only teams I can definitly say are worse. Maybe the Bills...maybe.

[/quote]
    Yep all we did was knock ourselves down a few pegs lower draft pick wise. Unless we expect to win all of our games 44-43 we better learn to play some D. We were a few plays from losing that game and firing everyone on D coaching staff as they were a laughing stock of NFL last night. We were a mere inches from that as Ross was beat bad by Austin.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I agree as well, our teams is hanging together by a thread. We can't expect our offense to carry us like that, when our defense plays that bad, our offense pretty much cannot make any mistakes. We need to improve Big time on D if we want to do anything worthwhile in these next 3 games/playoffs.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

I'd rather not worry about this for a few days and just enjoy the win. It's probably going to be the only positive memory for a while. And maybe our last of Coughlin as a coach.

We are a pretty lousy team with a couple players who are lights out.

Our defense in particular is terrible.

121 points given up in the past 3 games.

On pace to give up 441 points this season (worse than Sheridan's 2009 and 2nd worst in team history only behind the 1966 Giants who gave up 501).

Anybody remember when we had a defense that could hold games to 10-7?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro

Agree and disagree. Yes, they have been bad, but so are some other teams defenses that have very good records.

I know many don't agree, and I'm not saying the offense is playing bad, but the difference with the Giants defense and say the Saints and Green Bay defenses is that their offense take advantage of what the defense gives them better. Example, the fumble last night by Dallas set the Giants up in the red zone. They got a field goal. The Saints or Green Bay would have punched that ball in the end zone. Dont forget the big play to Nicks that set up the Giants with 1st and goal. Again, another field goal.

This is not saying the offense is playing bad. I'm just saying that with a struggling defense, the offense needs to take advantage of anything the defense gives them. Another example would be after the Safety. The offense needs to make a TD after that Safety.

Injuries are killing us.

The sad thing is, teams are not just throwing on us , they're running it down our throats!

Veteran

WHEN WILL FEWELL LEARN