+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Just stick your face in there and don't let the guy get to your guy." - David Wilson

Blog recaps:

David Wilson talks about setting his goals for the season. Everyone is anxious to see how he reacts in a game simulation

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...reaching-goals

Sorry, but I cannot get my link to work!!!! Still working on it!
    Last edited by Breezely; 08-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezely View Post
    Blog recaps:

David Wilson talks about setting his goals for the season. Everyone is anxious to see how he reacts in a game simulation

D Wilson
    I'm very anxious to see both Wilson and Scott. I know Scott will not be playing tonight but we need at least one of those guys to be NFL ready by September or else we are going to be really weak at RB (no offense Ahmad).

Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
    Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.
    My sentiments exactly.
    I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezely View Post
    Sorry, but I cannot get my link to work!!!! Still working on it!
    No need for formatting anymore, you can just post your link straight and it'll auto hyperlink: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-reaching-goal
    Last edited by moo; 08-10-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    My sentiments exactly.
    I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?
    I think it was piss poor pass protection (lol, 4 p's), or maybe a fumbling issue, but i'm not sure. Other leagues don't rely on the RB as much for pass protection, meaning that someone like Scott would be better on a team like that...

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

You know how Tommy C is. Once you start fumbling as a rookie or making those little screwups, once and twice, you're pretty much not getting a shot again.Same thing happened with Jernigan.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    No need for formatting anymore, you can just post your link straight and it'll auto hyperlink: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-reaching-goal
    Thanks MOO!!!!

All-Pro
    Bradshaw was having ball control issues as a rookie and they never gave up on him.