+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: stop whining

I think its funny how some Packers fans hate the Giants so much. Personally I have no problem with the Packers or their fanbase. I mean all fanbases have there questionable and irrational fans.

But as a Giants fan, I always have a healthy dislike/hatred towards the Eagles and Cowboys first and foremost. I will throw the Skins in their to an extent, though they have been in the cellar for some time now. But I would think that most rational and true Packers fans would dislike/hate the Bears, Lions and Vikings more than the Giants?

And I would have to agree with Diehard, Rodgers12 came on the boards and seemed like a reasonable and ok poster. Then all of a sudden the Jeckyl and Hyde thing started with him.

I did get a few laughs regarding some of those posters on the Packers forum. The one Packers fan mentioned how they were a 10-6 team the previous year and lost to the Skins in the regular season as well, but went on to win the Superbowl. He at least seemed rational. I think some fans just get bitter, and forget that its not how you start, but how you finish. If any team gets healthy and hot at the end of the season and into the playoffs, a Superbowl win is not out of the question. It does not matter if you were 9-7, 10-6, 12-4, 15-1 or 16-0.

I still look forward to the Giants/Packers game on Nov 25th. And should the Packers win, I won't sweat it, because you try and move on as a team. Hopefully you make the playoffs, make adjustments, and the next go around the results are different.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Banned
    Well most of our fans hate the Giants cause you guys beat us in the playoffs the last few years. Alot of our fans are itching for revenge this year. We just felt that this last year we were the better team. In 2007 we can say that you guys were the better team for sure but last year I thought we had one of the best teams in the league. I would have felt better losing to the 49ers. Im not saying you guys were a bad team, you were a good team but I thought we were better. Now that we signed Benson this year we should have a running game. I just hope Bishop our linebacker isnt that hurt. We lose him and that would be a big loss.

I read through that thread from their forums and find it unreal that their fans hate the giants even more than their division rivals, refuse to accept the fact that their team got their asses whooped 37-20 and would have been worse if the refs didn't giftwrap 2 bs calls their way, and really have no substance in their reasons for hating us more than their division rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Well most of our fans hate the Giants cause you guys beat us in the playoffs the last few years. Alot of our fans are itching for revenge this year. We just felt that this last year we were the better team. In 2007 we can say that you guys were the better team for sure but last year I thought we had one of the best teams in the league. I would have felt better losing to the 49ers. Im not saying you guys were a bad team, you were a good team but I thought we were better. Now that we signed Benson this year we should have a running game. I just hope Bishop our linebacker isnt that hurt. We lose him and that would be a big loss.
    I have the utmost respect for the Packers and their history. With that said, all of these excuses just made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9LS7SHCjc

You guys are a rival of ours now. It is pretty clear with all the trash talking and stuff going on. Im not looking for any Packer praise. This is a strong growing rivalry.
    A rival? LOL

Come on. Now you're just being ridiculous. There was a rivalry between GB and the Giants back in the 50's-60's, but it's long dead. The only rivalry that exists between the teams is the one in your imagination

You guys are a rival of ours now. It is pretty clear with all the trash talking and stuff going on. Im not looking for any Packer praise. This is a strong growing rivalry.
    LOL

bro, it can't be a rivalry if it's one-sided.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Let me ask you 1 question. Now I know you can't speak for all of the Packers fans, but would 1 regular season win over the Giants on November 25th really make the Packers fans feel revenge was served? I look at the big picture, getting into the playoffs and moving forward. So even if the Packers were to beat the Giants on November 25th, but the Giants go on to the playoffs and beat the Packers in the playoffs, are we back to square 1 with most of the Packers fanbase being bitter or feeling the were robbed of a potential Superbowl berth?

And I'm sorry, I don't consider the Giants/Packers a rivalry in todays NFL. I mean if the teams keep meeting up season after season and in the playoffs, then I could see it becoming a little bit more of 1. Right now the Giants consider the Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins rivalries, where as the Packers should consider the Bears, Lions and Vikings rivals.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I read through that thread from their forums and find it unreal that their fans hate the giants even more than their division rivals, refuse to accept the fact that their team got their asses whooped 37-20 and would have been worse if the refs didn't giftwrap 2 bs calls their way, and really have no substance in their reasons for hating us more than their division rivals.
    sharick, I guess some people don't understand the "any given Sunday" phrase. And especially, when the playoffs come, you better be ready not just physically but mentally as well. You let down just the slightest, and the so-called "better" team on paper could be on the sofa the next week, watching the better team that beat them the previous week move on.

"KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

"KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"