+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I kinda laughed when...

After we kicked the 1st field goal, right after we tried(and failed) our 1st shotgun draw of the day, Direct TV went to commercial.

Now I dont know if the commercials were the same nationally, I assume they were, but it was the commercial about people predicting playcalls in the Superbowl and winning money for doing it.

I immediately thought to myself....
    " now I REALLY hope the Giants make it because I can just predict shotgun draw and boom, ill be a millionaire."

So, I went back and counted after the game was over, by my count we ran the shotgun draw 7 times. Although, my 5 yr old ran interference on my rewind, it could have been only 6.

Is that crazy? 7 times we ran the exact same crappy play.

Another thing that annoyed me, 5 times on 3rd and 4 or less we went deep. It worked out a bit tonight as we connected on some of those, but it is a low percentage play and I would really like to see us concentrate on moving the chains sometimes.

Re: I kinda laughed when...

I was annoyed when the play caller ran the same play twice, and both plays were dropped. It was when Eli did not have the call come in timely and the clock was winding down. What amateurs! Not Eli or the guys on the field.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

I can live with the shotgun draws... At least they work sometimes and they're money on 2-point conversions so far... LOL

Now, the screens (all of them) rarely ever work... Those need to go.

[quote user="ashleymarie"]I was annoyed when the play caller ran the same play twice, and both plays were dropped. It was when Eli did not have the call come in timely and the clock was winding down. What amateurs! Not Eli or the guys on the field.[/quote]

I agree. I understand the fade to Nicks, he has proven he can do that.

But Beckum? He is a terrible target for a fade because he likes to body catch.

[quote user="FUUFNF"]I can live with the shotgun draws... At least they work sometimes and they're money on 2-point conversions so far... LOL

Now, the screens (all of them) rarely ever work... Those need to go.[/quote]

I love me some Eli, but he is not a good screen QB. He hasnt ever been.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="FUUFNF"]I can live with the shotgun draws... At least they work sometimes and they're money on 2-point conversions so far... LOL

[/quote]

Meh, I'm not sure that's all on Eli... But we just don't run screens very well... Even when they work, they're ugly.

[quote user="FUUFNF"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="FUUFNF"]I can live with the shotgun draws... At least they work sometimes and they're money on 2-point conversions so far... LOL

[/quote]

Meh, I'm not sure that's all on Eli... But we just don't run screens very well... Even when they work, they're ugly.[/quote]

I agree it not all on him, likely we dont work on it. Either way, we are not good at screens. In fact we may be the worst team in the NFL at selling the screen.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"]After we kicked the 1st field goal, right after we tried(and failed) our 1st shotgun draw of the day, Direct TV went to commercial.

Now I dont know if the commercials were the same nationally, I assume they were, but it was the commercial about* people predicting playcalls in the Superbowl and winning money for doing it.

I immediately thought to myself...." now I REALLY hope the Giants make it because I can just predict shotgun draw and boom, ill be a millionaire."

So, I went back and counted after the game was over, by my count we ran the shotgun draw 7 times. Although, my 5 yr old ran interference on my rewind, it could have been only 6.

Is that crazy? 7 times we ran the exact same crappy play.*

Another thing that annoyed me, 5 times on 3rd and 4 or less we went deep. It worked out a bit tonight as we connected on some of those, but it is* a low percentage play and I would really like to see us concentrate on moving the chains sometimes.
    [/quote]
    That first possesion where nicks got us to the 5 in the. 1st quarter...that was a terrible sequence

[quote user="shotcalla39"][quote user="BlueSanta"]After we kicked the 1st field goal, right after we tried(and failed) our 1st shotgun draw of the day, Direct TV went to commercial.

Now I dont know if the commercials were the same nationally, I assume they were, but it was the commercial about people predicting playcalls in the Superbowl and winning money for doing it.

I immediately thought to myself...." now I REALLY hope the Giants make it because I can just predict shotgun draw and boom, ill be a millionaire."

Another thing that annoyed me, 5 times on 3rd and 4 or less we went deep. It worked out a bit tonight as we connected on some of those, but it is a low percentage play and I would really like to see us concentrate on moving the chains sometimes.
    [/quote]
    That first possesion where nicks got us to the 5 in the. 1st quarter...that was a terrible sequence[/quote]

Yep, thats the 1 I was refering to.

Fade to Nicks incomlete.

Fade to Beckum(really?!) ..incomplete.

Shotgun draw for a loss of 1.

Field goal.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="shotcalla39"][quote user="BlueSanta"]After we kicked the 1st field goal, right after we tried(and failed) our 1st shotgun draw of the day, Direct TV went to commercial.

[/quote]
    That first possesion where nicks got us to the 5 in the. 1st quarter...that was a terrible sequence[/quote]

Yep, thats the 1 I was refering to.

Fade to Nicks incomlete.

Fade to Beckum(really?!) ..incomplete.

Shotgun draw for a loss of 1.

Field goal.
    [/quote]

Why not pass from a run formation? That stuff will come back to bite us big time, actually it has already. Gilbride's obsession with the pass is depressing. If you want to pass on the goal line all you have to do is run fake to Jacobs and someone will be open.