+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OFFENSIVE LINE is ALOT better since....

Offensive Line is ALOT better since Kevin Boothe was moved to Center - Diehl was kicked back outside to Outside Left Guard and Petrus took his spot at Inside Left Guard

discuss?

I dont think Boothe is long term answer to Center but Petrus can be at Inside Guard?

?

Re: OFFENSIVE LINE is ALOT better since....

I think health had a lot to do with it. The game or two that Baas was healthy he actually looked pretty good, but Diehl has been awful all year, Snee finally looks 100% again, and McKenzie had a good bounce back game.

Boothe , Petrus and Snee at guard are a rotation I would be happy with. We need a RT as well as a depth at tackle and guard.

Petrus had some very nice runblocks today. Watch the last jacobs TD he took out 2 defenders on the backside which is very important on an offtackle play like that.

We also got to see him highlighted on the 2 point conversion for his excellent block on that play.

I think Brewer can play Right Outside Guard. We can last one more season with Diehl on the Outside Left ...but Center we should draft for this coming Draft ...maybe The Ohio State's Michael Brewster ???

?

The Offensive Line wasnt awful but theres so much room for improvement. Diehl had a nightmare game and Boothe was a nightmare snapping the ball....Im glad the Cowboys made some stupid penalties to overlook the mistakes. Petrus was ok....I think he got one holding call. But the Oline did a good job getting some type of movement up front.

Diehl looked like **** again

Veteran

I think Mitch needs to stay at LG for a long time. So far he and Boothe have looked good.

Boothe can't snap the ball like he did too many bad ones. I think we draft a RT and a G/C we can then move Baas to G or keep him where he is

We already have a RT and his name is James Brewer. He's very raw at the moment I'd assume so that's why we might not be seeing him.

Petrus looks like he might be the answer at LG so now we just need a long term answer at C. We either draft one in the upcoming draft, hope Baas gets better, or that Boothe stops having snapping issues.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF