+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Chris Canty needs to restructure or be cut!!!

I hate to be so negative after such a great win but this team has so much potential and there's a few coaching problems and player salary problems that if we can win ... It will be in SPITE of our problems...

Chris Canty has been a bust since he got here.. Reese gave him a huge contract to essentially a "project" player switching positions in an entirely different defense.... For those of you who don't know he was a defensive end in Dallas in a 3-4 and Reese made him our highest paid defensive lineman while converting him to a 4-3 DT and he hasn't made a smooth transition

I mean he wouldn't be a bad playrrif he was making just a couple mil a year but this guy is the highest paid D lineman on the team... We are barely under the cap and this guy is not playing to his contract... He either gotta resturcture or get out...

I like his attitude and he makes an occasional pass deflection or makes an occasional play but his plays are few and far bewtween....I like his locker room prescense but he needs to learn something from Jacobs(WHO NEEDS TO BE BACK NEXT YEAR) and maybe restructure and get paid what your worth.. our lack of push in the middle is killing us... No wonder we can't stop a nosebleed

Re: Chris Canty needs to restructure or be cut!!!

Be careful, I made the same observation & was attacked.....ad rolle to the list, they're easily in the top paid at their position, are they some of the best at their position? I rest my case....

I think you need to restructure this chat from "Chris Canty" to "Aaron Ross". Look, I like Ross but hes hurting us in very timely situations. Teams are picking up on some easy match ups when he is in play. Take the New Orleans play to Moore for a touchdown, it was the same hook and out that he got burned with on Miles Austin tonight for a touchdown too. Even with Miles Austin coming back from a hamstring injury, Ross couldn't keep with him. The two plays to get them into field goal positions was on Ross, who just seemed to be steps behind. And that long throw to Austin that was incomplete, Ross was also steps behind. Just think if that was caught, it could have been over completely for us. Ross is an easy match up for teams when they need to get yards quick.

Also, if you watched the game Canty had a couple nice plays. He also has a passion for the game, ever watch his locker room interviews? Quite the uplifting individual, something this team also needs.

Would expect him to restructure this offseason, his guaranteed money is up, so he is owed nothing.

I completely disagree with the idea he has been a bust though, he's been a damn good player. Is he overpaid? Yes, but FAs are pretty much always overpaid.

"Bust" maybe a bit strong... But Canty certainly hasn't made the impact that we had hoped when we signed him.

Veteran

[quote user="GiantFleck"]I think you need to restructure this chat from "Chris Canty" to "Aaron Ross". Look, I like Ross but hes hurting us in very timely situations. Teams are picking up on some easy match ups when he is in play. Take the New Orleans play to Moore for a touchdown, it was the same hook and out that he got burned with on Miles Austin tonight for a touchdown too. Even with Miles Austin coming back from a hamstring injury, Ross couldn't keep with him. The two plays to get them into field goal positions was on Ross, who just seemed to be steps behind. And that long throw to Austin that was incomplete, Ross was also steps behind. Just think if that was caught, it could have been over completely for us. Ross is an easy match up for teams when they need to get yards quick.

Also, if you watched the game Canty had a couple nice plays. He also has a passion for the game, ever watch his locker room interviews? Quite the uplifting individual, something this team also needs.[/quote]

If u read the post.. I love his attitude in the locker room but he is getting way overpaid for an average guy who came in as a project player... If he restructures I would welcome him with open arms.... Also, Ross is in the final year of his rookie contract .. I wouldn't bet on him returnibg

[quote user="shotcalla39"][quote user="GiantFleck"]I think you need to restructure this chat from "Chris Canty" to "Aaron Ross". Look, I like Ross but hes hurting us in very timely situations. Teams are picking up on some easy match ups when he is in play. Take the New Orleans play to Moore for a touchdown, it was the same hook and out that he got burned with on Miles Austin tonight for a touchdown too. Even with Miles Austin coming back from a hamstring injury, Ross couldn't keep with him. The two plays to get them into field goal positions was on Ross, who just seemed to be steps behind. And that long throw to Austin that was incomplete, Ross was also steps behind. Just think if that was caught, it could have been over completely for us. Ross is an easy match up for teams when they need to get yards quick.

Also, if you watched the game Canty had a couple nice plays. He also has a passion for the game, ever watch his locker room interviews? Quite the uplifting individual, something this team also needs.[/quote]

If u read the post.. I love his attitude in the locker room but he is getting way overpaid for an average guy who came in as a project player... If he restructures I would welcome him with open arms.... Also, Ross is in the final year of his rookie contract .. I wouldn't bet on him returnibg[/quote]

Glad we agree

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]Would expect him to restructure this offseason, his guaranteed money is up, so he is owed nothing.

I completely disagree with the idea he has been a bust though, he's been a damn good player. Is he overpaid? Yes, but FAs are pretty much always overpaid.[/quote]

I love how attitude but....

With the hype surrounding his acquisition he was supposed to be a pro bowl caliber type player b. He hasn't been close

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]Would expect him to restructure this offseason, his guaranteed money is up, so he is owed nothing.

I completely disagree with the idea he has been a bust though, he's been a damn good player. Is he overpaid? Yes, but FAs are pretty much always overpaid.[/quote]

I love how attitude but....

With the hype surrounding his acquisition he was supposed to be a pro bowl caliber type player b. He hasn't been close

Canty is a ok player, but his contract is a cancer and has already caused us problems when trying to resign other linemen(Coefield.)

The highest paid player on the defense cannot be a 2 down player. Although, this year because of some injuries I admit he has played more downs than previous years.