+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What i learned from tonight's game....

I know I know. I'ts early. But I think Jerry did it again. Don't be shocked if picks 1-3 become HUGE contributors to this team. Hosley prob shocked me the most. In Jerry we trust. How about Kuhn too? Plus Martellus? I thank god everyday we don't have Tannenbaum lol.

I wouldn't doubt it either.

Wilson, Hosley looked awesome.

Bennett will be the starter and ending TE of this giants season.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it either.

Wilson, Hosley looked awesome.

Bennett will be the starter and ending TE of this giants season.
    Speaking of Bennett. I hate to pick on a guy who had a bad night, but Bear Pascoe did not do so well blocking. I would like to see Bennett work more with the 1sts to see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Speaking of Bennett. I hate to pick on a guy who had a bad night, but Bear Pascoe did not do so well blocking. I would like to see Bennett work more with the 1sts to see what he can do.
    But, at least Bennett proved he can work with our offense. Black Unicorn has a future here... and it makes me feel a lot better about the TE position.

On the other hand, i'm now a lot more worried about the secondary. Our supposedly excessively deep secondary collapsed so much in the game. Blown coverages left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Speaking of blocking, anyone see the lack of w/brewer??? We don't exactly have the best tackles & this guy looked horrible....
    Last edited by myles2424; 08-11-2012 at 02:01 AM.

O-line is probably the only position im truly worried about. We need beatty to get healthy.

How about the play of Kuhn. He really opened up my eyes in one series when Carl Banks was praising Herz for his awareness. In that series, Kuhn made a nice TFL or the run play stuffing the runner, then he bulldozed through his blocker to get pressure on the QB causing him to make a quick throw for an incomplete screen pass attempt. Later in the game he batted a pass. Solid performance.

As a matter of fact, the entire D-line played great. They got so much pressure on the QB's all night. Sack after sack, the competition is looking fierce this year.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Speaking of blocking, anyone see the lack of w/brewer??? We don't exactly have the best tackles & this guy looked horrible....
    Absoulutley loved the pick of James Brewer, and if i had to pick one thing that worried me about him would be "passion".. I don't really know if that had anything to do with last nights game, but its something that i noticed while he was at Indiana.. Hopefully he realizes whats in front of him, which is a pretty open RT spot, which he can hold on to as his own for the next decade.. If u can't get up for that, then i don't know what to tell ya???lol

Brewer has the athletiscim, size, and long arms u covet.. Its just a matter of playing with passion and executing on the field.. Sometimes having the tools means nothing..

I loved Brewer too, but he needs more functional strength. That and he just gets incredibly lazy in technique, leaning into the defender just hoping his size walls him off. It's for that reason I don't really see him on the right side.

I learned Will Hill is one vicious tackler. Some exceptional plays made by this young man.

On one running play, Hill took on the lead blocker (a large o-lineman) and folded the guy up. I mean it was a head-on assault and Hill collapsed the guy and the RB with him. Then the announcers (Banks and some dolt) gave credit for the tackle to Greg Jones who just fell on the ball carrier who was already down. Really an unbelievable play!

Also saw him slice through the line and stone another RB. Man can Hill play run support!