+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone catch Vontaze Burficts first game action? Pretty stellar stuff..

Anyone catch Vontaze Burficts first game action? Pretty stellar stuff..

I as well as many others completely lost faith in vontaze as he just did not look good at ASU last yr, but the bengals were smart scooping him up as a UDF i believe? He had a nice diving INT and also secured 6tackles 2solo and a TFL..

The bungles added some nice pieces this off season, and i'm curious to know if there gonna strike gold or get coal with Burfict..

Bengals had a stellar draft to go along what I thought was a pretty talented team to begin with. I think I like Marvin Jones opposite AJ Green more than Sanu [who's probably going to be in the slot any way] along with great value in Orson Charles along Jermaine Gresham. Then they certainly bulked up their interior lines on both sides with value picks.

They'll go as far as Dalton can take them, but I expect this team to be a perennial playoff team for years to come in the AFC North no less, especially if they hold on to Mike Zimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I as well as many others completely lost faith in vontaze as he just did not look good at ASU last yr, but the bengals were smart scooping him up as a UDF i believe? He had a nice diving INT and also secured 6tackles 2solo and a TFL..

The bungles added some nice pieces this off season, and i'm curious to know if there gonna strike gold or get coal with Burfict..
    He will be a guy to keep an eye on. He looked really really bad last season. His Sophomore tape had flaws but most expected him to improve on it. When he didnt and they got worse most including myself just assumed thats the player he will be. Guys can mature and improve hopefully for him he does

I think the real test for him will not just be can he play, because all of us have seen that he could at times certainly play(sophomore year), But, can he keep his cool on and off the field. After all, that is why he fell so far. Well, that and the fact that he got really fat last year.

What is he going to do the 1st time someone cheap shots him. Is he going to head butt him, punch a ref, karate kick a cheerleader, followed by a groin kick to the mascot? Or will he remain calm, something he hasn't done in the past.

What is he going to do the 1st time someone asks him a question he doesn't like and then thrusts a mic in front of him? Here in NY, that is a favorite tactic of the media. I can't help but think that had we , or the Jets, picked this kid up that 1 of NYs patended media/popor***i questions would set this kid off.

If this kid could somehow manage to keep his head the NFL would be better off. But, based on past behavior , I still think he is going to have to rent living quarters in Goodel's office.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 08-12-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think the real test for him will not just be can he play, because all of us have seen that he could at times certainly play(sophomore year), But, can he keep his cool on and off the field. After all, that is why he fell so far. Well, that and the fact that he got really fat last year.

What is he going to do the 1st time someone cheap shots him. Is he going to head butt him, punch a ref, karate kick a cheerleader, followed by a groin kick to the mascot? Or will he remain calm, something he hasn't done in the past.

What is he going to do the 1st time someone asks him a question he doesn't like and then thrusts a mic in front of him? Here in NY, that is a favorite tactic of the media. I can't help but think that had we , or the Jets, picked this kid up that 1 of NYs patended media/popor***i questions would set this kid off.

If this kid could somehow manage to keep his head the NFL would be better off. But, based on past behavior , I still think he is going to have to rent living quarters in Goodel's office.
    Ya, i agree.. But, i will say when i was 17-21yrs old, i was completely diffrent then i was at age 26-30(i'm 30 right now). Hes still a puppy in my eyes, and i'd certainly hope he can learn to contain himself just a bit as he ages.. Of course he could blow a gasket before he ages a bit..

Hopefully for his sake, he learned what a mess of things he made by being such a dink.. Everyone knew if they took a chance on him late in the draft or as a UDF he could be a steal or just a bust.. Game 1 of the preseason equals a early win for bungles, now we shall see what the next game brings us..

He plays when he wants to, and when he wants to, he can play. Question is, when does he get in trouble?
    "It wasn't Eli's fault, Parker just flattened his route!"

"Perry Fewell and his Rush-4-krieg defense!"

"Hey, It's 1st down, let's run it and make it 2nd and long!"

+ Reply to Thread