+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How Many Wide Receivers Do We Keep

I think we may keep seven wide receivers. One will need to be a special teams ace like Devin Thomas was for us. It may come down to a tough decision between David Douglas and Isaiah Stanback. The following are safe: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Dominique Dixon, Jerrell Jernigan, Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle. Now the tough decision, David Douglas has been awesome in camp but how about his play on special teams. Isaiah Stanback was on the practice squad last season. He is a big physical specimen. He has played quaterback and wide receiver. He had an awesome catch against Jacksonville. I think at this point I must say Isaiah Stanback to the active roster and David Douglas to the practice squad. I think both will be around in the event of an injury. I think we kept seven wide receivers last season.

Go Giants !!!

Despite an amazing one-handed TD grab, Isaiah Stanback will have to do more to make the regular season roster. Hopefully he'll get more chances on the field as the preseason games roll on.

Or we keep Douglas and Stanback, while cutting Barden...

Bench Player
    I have yet to see this Dixon guy do anything. Let's cut him.

Let's see how Douglas does in live action. Also depends on which position emerges as the gunner. If a DB emerges from that role, then that may knock the WR tally down one.

Quote Originally Posted by Syverce View Post
    I have yet to see this Dixon guy do anything. Let's cut him.
    Every time. he's on the field. I swear this guy is invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Every time. he's on the field. I swear this guy is invisible.
    I was trying to figure out who Dixon is....I just caught up....He probably has a better chance to make the team than Hicks

Need more time, but Stanbach probably won't get a roster spot IMO.

So far - Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Randle, and then maybe go with Jernigan if he can actually step up.

Jernigan has that ability to get open. You can see it; I just think he's scared

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Need more time, but Stanbach probably won't get a roster spot IMO.

So far - Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Randle, and then maybe go with Jernigan if he can actually step up.

Jernigan has that ability to get open. You can see it; I just think he's scared
    I can almost promise you that Jernigan's spot on the roster is more secure than Barden.....Jernigan is a 3rd round pick ...2nd year and can in theory contribute on special teams

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I can almost promise you that Jernigan's spot on the roster is more secure than Barden.....Jernigan is a 3rd round pick ...2nd year and can in theory contribute on special teams
    Sure, why not? But Barden looked impressive so far. I'd like to watch 1 more preseason game to get a glimpse that Jernigan can secure that roster spot in all honesty.