+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ramses Barden the WR out of Cal Poly will absoluely make this team

He has a different confidence and rapport to him this season but the biggest difference? He is healthy.

He didn't do much last night but had that nice 14 yard reception from Eli. He may be a late bloomer but he is skilled and he has his height something you can't teach. His progression has been hampered by injuries his entire career here. Obviously need to see more but the WR of out Cal Poly isn't going anywhere.

I had my many doubts about Barden in the past and for good reason but he knows the playbook, he's finally healthy and he's starting to get it.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Veteran
    Is that his new nickname, "The WR out of Cal Poly"?.

I'd love to see Barden finally step up and do something. But in no way would I consider him to be a lock. You have Barden, Stanback, Douglas, DePalma, Collins, and Talley all competing for one spot. I really do believe that whoever puts together the best pre-season will end up with the #6 WR job.

The only thing Barden has going for him is that his size alone would probably guarantee he gets a job on another NFL team if cut, whereas most of the other guys (except Stanback I think) could still be practice squad eligible. But still I believe TC will give that last spot to whoever has the best showing.

I always figured he makes the team, just assumed he just doesn't get resigned afterwards is all unless he steps up.

I agree that he will make the team. He's in a make it or break it year and EVERYONE knows it, Ramses included. We will see him show up. People sound as if he's always hurt and that's not the case. Two years ago he had a severe break to his ankle right when he was really starting to get hot. Last season was really the first season where he was having some nagging injuries.

He has great hands, which we will all see this year. He also has the quick in route ON LOCK and does very well at using his body to position himself to make that catch. It's almost unstoppable.

All the hatred for him from a few fans on this board is clearly just fans being fans. Obviously the coaches know what's going on, which is why he got the start last night.

Quote Originally Posted by pacco_diablo View Post
    I agree that he will make the team. He's in a make it or break it year and EVERYONE knows it, Ramses included. We will see him show up. People sound as if he's always hurt and that's not the case. Two years ago he had a severe break to his ankle right when he was really starting to get hot. Last season was really the first season where he was having some nagging injuries.

He has great hands, which we will all see this year. He also has the quick in route ON LOCK and does very well at using his body to position himself to make that catch. It's almost unstoppable.

All the hatred for him from a few fans on this board is clearly just fans being fans. Obviously the coaches know what's going on, which is why he got the start last night.
    He has great hands based on what? his 15 catches in 3 years?I am not saying he won't make the team....I am just wondering what you base that statement on?

Here we go again. Another preseason and the Barden lovers are out in full force.

Yeah we know, he's tall. Good luck to him. I hope you are all right. I'm gonna let the Barden band wagon pass me by this time.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    He has great hands based on what? his 15 catches in 3 years?I am not saying he won't make the team....I am just wondering what you base that statement on?
    well the catches he has made have been in extreme traffic. a few of his catches prob should have been ints.

i am with the OP and any other pro giving barden a shot. hes always been an intriguing talent, and the coaches and JR obviously see something, they've kep him around thus far. last season he was on the PUP so he had no offseason. This is his 4th year, I believe he's only had 2 real offseasons...Im really hoping and pulling for him bc I do see a potential legitimate option in him

im all for adding legit targets. nicks/cruz are locks. we need guys behind him. randle seems like he is legit. itd be great if barden and JJ could step up bc then we'd have a wr core that could be used in a ton of diff ways and packages...

Veteran
    Cool story bro.

I'd like to see him turn his career around, but I just don't believe it will happen. I think he'll get cut. Maybe he'll catch on somewhere else like Kevin Walter.