+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Paul dottino-last nights commentator review

    ...........please don't ever let that man do the play-by-play again for the Giants. I tried watching the game again today on DVR and I just put it on mute. Atrocious.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Could not have been worse then jacksonville guys who I had to wacth on game rewind. They called Hosley - Hoskey the entire night even when the camera's showed his name on his jersey they refused to say it correctly. They hyped the jags while being down 24-7. They called Tryon - TYRON all night. I realize a pre - season game is filled with players who aren't usually running with the 1's but man these guys did not do an ounce of homework, which is funny cause they killed the replacement refs (who were rough) but failed to realize how bad they were.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Could not have been worse then jacksonville guys who I had to wacth on game rewind. They called Hosley - Hoskey the entire night even when the camera's showed his name on his jersey they refused to say it correctly. They hyped the jags while being down 24-7. They called Tryon - TYRON all night. I realize a pre - season game is filled with players who aren't usually running with the 1's but man these guys did not do an ounce of homework, which is funny cause they killed the replacement refs (who were rough) but failed to realize how bad they were.
    hahaha I agree. It's so unbearable.

  4. #4
    Veteran EJ Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    650
    I don't think he was that bad, and it's taken me like 4 years to finally get used to him.

    Him and Schmeelk are two of the weirdest guys I've seen.
    Last edited by EJ Blue; 08-11-2012 at 04:44 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LB5656 View Post
    ...........please don't ever let that man do the play-by-play again for the Giants. I tried watching the game again today on DVR and I just put it on mute. Atrocious.
    Was that the guy who was on with Banks? I didn't know who he was, but he was terrible. You could tell that he was annoying Banks . . .

  6. #6
    Sorry the game I watched had the Jag announcers....Where was Bob Poppa?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Was that the guy who was on with Banks? I didn't know who he was, but he was terrible. You could tell that he was annoying Banks . . .
    yessir that was him. and yeah it was def annoying him. and him and Schmelk are really weird dudes hahaha. Dottino is like that really annoying guy from Staten Island who think's he's really smart but is actually half idiot. "ADRIAN TRACY FROM WAKE FOREST WITH A GREAT PLAY!" lmao.

  8. #8
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by LB5656 View Post
    ...........please don't ever let that man do the play-by-play again for the Giants. I tried watching the game again today on DVR and I just put it on mute. Atrocious.
    lol.
    In all fairness though, the broadcast was crap. The audio quality and mix was terrible, and the snowy picture coming from the camera in the endzone sucked as well.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

  9. #9
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Sorry the game I watched had the Jag announcers....Where was Bob Poppa?
    Papa is in London broadcasting Olympic boxing.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

  10. #10
    One cool thing aout Dottino being there is that he knows alot aout the players from watching them in camp every day.

    And Banks is better on radio. He feels he needs to explain every single play. It was a little overkill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts