+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's with the fugly neck collar design on some teams?

I guess it didn't apply to Giant jersey since we keep it simple and clean, thankfully. Why does the league even let the apparel companies to mess with jersey design anyway, it was just fine the way they were. You don't see major league baseball change their jersey design every 2 years. Just stop it.

I see that it looks real stupid...

Banned
    Yeah I agree it does look kind of weird. Our jerseys are the same... we just got a solid matching collar. The NFL and Nike are trying to attract a younger audience wIth futurIstIc desIgns so I guarantee a few teams will be getting new uniforms in the upcoming years.

I watched the hall of fame game and thought it was just the saints who had the new collars. a lot of teams do. they look awful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    I watched the hall of fame game and thought it was just the saints who had the new collars. a lot of teams do. they look awful.
    I was thinking all the teams with colored collars had them but I'm watching the Pats now and they don't have em. Shruggs....

Giants didn't have the last night. I don't think the Jaguars did, did they?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    Giants didn't have the last night. I don't think the Jaguars did, did they?
    They both had them.

The Packers, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons and Raiders were the only teams to refuse Nike's uniform alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    They both had them.

The Packers, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons and Raiders were the only teams to refuse Nike's uniform alterations.
    Yeah, I know that they have the v-neck sort of design thing, but I was more referring to the two tone color design that a lot of teams have. I don't believe the Giants or Jaguars had that on their collars. I honestly can't even notice the new design when it's the same shade. It's just when they have contrasting colors is it really noticeable.

For what I mean, look at the attached pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty soon we'll have a piece of advertisement on our jersey, just like the NBA and NHL are pushing for.

True that the NFL must profit the most and doesn't need it, but extra revenue wouldn't hurt some greedy pigs.

It'll probably happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Pretty soon we'll have a piece of advertisement on our jersey, just like the NBA and NHL are pushing for.

True that the NFL must profit the most and doesn't need it, but extra revenue wouldn't hurt some greedy pigs.

It'll probably happen eventually.
    You're gathering this from a new jersey design? These same jersey designs have been around in the NCAA for years now.

I agree that teams will eventually advertise on their jerseys, but so what. Those "greedy pigs" are simply just seeing an opportunity to make more money. You and I would do the same. I don't think that Nike's new jersey design has anything to do with future advertisement on jerseys, though...