+ Reply to Thread

What To Do With Markus Kuhn

What will we do with Markus Kuhn? He looks much too good to go to the practice squad. We will keep five (5) Defensive Tackles. Here is what I think:
    1) Chris Canty
    2) Linvall Joseph
    3) Shaun Rogers
    4) Marvin Austin
    5) Rocky Bernard

Now the issue is that both Dwayne Hendricks and Markus Kuhn really looked great against Jacksonville. But it is highly unlikely that we keep six Defensive Tackles. I say put Chris Canty on PUP to start the season and put Kuhn on the active roster. But when Canty is healthy what will we do with Markus Kuhn?

Go Giants !!!!

Veteran
    give him more reps he looked better than Austin in the game

You keep the guys on the roster who are making the plays. If it's Kuhn, then it's Kuhn. I'd keep him over Rogers and Bernard if he's looking legit. And I keep Austin over Rogers and Bernard over potential alone. Guy hasn't played football in 2 or 3 years. Give him some more time.

They'll probably stash Kuhn on the Practice Squad this year. Aren't draft picks protected for the first year on the PS?

i believe they still have to pass waivers but could be wrong

If Hendricks stays productive, we can put him on the roster, Kuhn can go to the practice squad and Bernard gets released.

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

If Kuhn is smart, he'd better not complain about any minor injuries. . .he'll be on IR faster than you can say "VictorCruzHammy".

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    i believe they still have to pass waivers but could be wrong
    It is something like that. No one goes straight to the practice squad without other teams getting a crack at them. Maybe first year players are protected.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Rogers, Joseph and Bernard seems redundant to me. Maybe even throw Austin in there if that's where they see him.

The 3t behind Canty seems more of a need right now. Though if Canty remains on PUP during the start of the regular season, they can possibly hold on to one more DT. The issue becomes who do you release when Canty comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is something like that. No one goes straight to the practice squad without other teams getting a crack at them. Maybe first year players are protected.
    I think it's also if fewer than "x" number of games are played within his first or first 2 years in the league, the player is protected on the practice squad. Unless the new CBA changed that, of course.