+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

If Herzlich wins the Job, should they cut Blackburn.

Ok before you guys kill me, hear me out.

We have Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Herzlich, Blackburn, JWill, Jones, Paysinger, Sintim, and Muasau.

I am wondering if Herzlich wins the starting job, is it worth keeping Blackburn if we would have to cut someone that may have more long term upside than Chase. I mean we know what Chase is. A solid player who gives 110% all the time, with an endless motor, but let's face it we've seen his best and if that isn't good enough to win the starting job, then should we really cut a more athletic youngster who could end up giving us a lot more down the road. Obviously Sintim is probably gone and I don't know much about Muasau. But I would hate to lose Paysinger or Jones so we can have chase here playing only on specials.

This is not a knock on Chase. If TC and Fewell believe in him as the starter then I am behind him 100%. Just seeing an over abundance of young linebackers with not enough spots to go around.

that is interesting logic....and if someone does get hurt we can always grab him off the couch again

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    that is interesting logic....and if someone does get hurt we can always grab him off the couch again
    Doubt he would be on the couch again. Green Bay may have lost Bishop for a while, perhaps the year. I am sure they would come calling.

Jones is being tried at OLB. I think that limmits his chances to play in this league. He is clearly not as good in space as he is in traffic. He is also a bit undersized and lacks mobility to cover, something OLBs are asked to do more often.

In light of that, I think his chances of making the team are smaller. However, if we keep only 1 of the 2 between Herz and Blackburn, then I think Jones has a chance to stick around as a backup MLB.

I kinda agree with you, the young LB's are showing lots of promise and I would hate to lose any of them. Jones can backup Herz in the middle or Kiwi on the strong side. We have too many weak side backers at the moment, Boley, Rivers, Jaquain Williams, and Paysinger.

Quote Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
    Doubt he would be on the couch again. Green Bay may have lost Bishop for a while, perhaps the year. I am sure they would come calling.

It was kind of a joke

Sintim would get cut before Chase I'd have to think.

Sintim is completely useless and always injured.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Bench Player
    Love Chase he can play and has shown it. Jones and Paysinger missed a lot of tackles last night. Giants gave Jones a chance last year and pulled him. brought Chase back with season on the line. If we are so deep with LB why did they bring Chase back?

No.

You always need a back up. What if Herzlich gets hurt? Chase knows the defense very well. He's just as important to the team as Herzlich.

Chase is at the heart of this team.....I think he needs to stay....