+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ryan Perrilloux vs David car, preseason

Who won the week 1 battle?

Ryan 6/7 59 yards 1 TD (didnt have much time to throw)
    Car 6/10 48 yards 2 TDs

I feel like ryan is more calm under pressure and is more accurate. However his inexperience showed a few times last night when he took some sacks instead of throwing the ball away, and a couple times when he didnt call for a timeout toward the end of the game during the hurry up offense. In my opinion he definitely has more upside than carr, but carr has more experience.

I am without a doubt rooting for Ryan over carr. I hope he wins the #2 job.

I think back up QBs deserve to have more experience than upside. When Eli goes down, I am relying on a experienced QB which is David Carr.

I don't think the #2 QB job is up for debate. It's Carr. The backup QB needs to be experienced.

I'd love to see Perrilloux have a monster camp so the Giants could get a low round draft pick for him or something for him rather than just cutting him outright at the end of camp - because I see no scenario where Coughlin carries a 3rd QB on the roster. It's a luxury that there just doesn't appear to be room for.

Carr.. easy

Banned
    I need to see more before I give my answer. Ryan is inexperienced but at the same time, Carr never got anything done when given the chance.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I think back up QBs deserve to have more experience than upside. When Eli goes down, I am relying on a experienced QB which is David Carr.
    Carr is definitely much more experienced...at being a failure. Although Ryan is raw I wouldn't mind if he was our number 2. Carr just cowers under any sort of pressure.

I don't know who won the other night but I don't have any idea how Carr became a first pick overall. His throwing motion is so not NFL. His release is 3/4 and barely clears his shoulder. His arm is not particularly strong and delivery not particularly quick. I know that guys like him get drafted every year but the first pick overall still boggles my mind.

That said, I like him as our backup, he's experienced and smart and can move around to avoid pressure. Perrilloux was under so much pressure that he is hard to evaluate but he did make some nice throws.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Carr just never looks comfortable, and really isn't very accurate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kbusch22 View Post
    I don't think the #2 QB job is up for debate. It's Carr. The backup QB needs to be experienced.

I'd love to see Perrilloux have a monster camp so the Giants could get a low round draft pick for him or something for him rather than just cutting him outright at the end of camp - because I see no scenario where Coughlin carries a 3rd QB on the roster. It's a luxury that there just doesn't appear to be room for.
    I'd love to see him have a monster camp so the Giants can get a low round pick for CARR.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I need to see more before I give my answer. Ryan is inexperienced but at the same time, Carr never got anything done when given the chance.
    Hows it going man? Its still early, but i have a feeling these next 3 weeks will give us a really good idea of who is the better QB. I feel confident that if given an equal chance, RP will come out on top. Only time will truly tell though.

Ill bookmark this thread for the week 2 battle =)