+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Will Beatty returns to practice

LINK

Excerpt: "These dorm-room mattresses just aren't cutting it for these overgrown NFL professionals.
    "Itís. Not. Home," Giants left tackle Will Beatty said today, with emphasis on each word to make his point, on his way to lunch here at UAlbany. "You spend a lot of money getting your house right and then you come here and it just ainít the same. You hit up Wal-Mart a few times, get some Tempur-Pedic toppers, your own blankets and, eh, itís not the same.
    "Fortunately I got a full-size bed. Some of the guys are in twin beds. So I can roll over once or twice and not fall off."
    Wait, why are we talking about beds exactly? Oh, right, because Beatty has been battling a nagging back issue that knocked him out of practice last week and kept him here while the team traveled to Jacksonville for the preseason opener." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

This dude is one, of the most fragile big men I have ever seen. If I were a betting man I would bet that he only plays about 8 games this year.

i knew when lockler was starting at lt that as i had thought, holding beatty out was precautionary. dont think he wont miss a little more time leading up to the start of the reg season bc he will. the sciatic nerve is sensitive and u dont want to injure it bc then ur screwed but im glad to read hes returned to practice. he's our starting lt, let him get rested/healthy as much as possible. the season is a brutal, long grind

All-Pro
    I like Beatty, but he does seem to miss a lot of time.

Seems like Brewer is cut from the same glass. No pun intended

True or not, stuff like this only re-enforces the notion that Beatty is soft.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I gotta say, I haven't observed Beatty closely enough to judge him. Would we be excited to have him on the field consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    True or not, stuff like this only re-enforces the notion that Beatty is soft.
    I'm not sure you can use the detached retina to say he's "soft." I'm going to wait and see if his back makes him miss time during the season. He does a pretty good job at LT when he's healthy.
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure you can use the detached retina to say he's "soft." I'm going to wait and see if his back makes him miss time during the season. He does a pretty good job at LT when he's healthy.
    I wasn't really referring to the retina thing as much as his lack of gnarliness in the trenches. I have never seen him finish a block all the way into the turf. He is a finesse guy and I am drawn more to the type that would be inclined to bite your ankle at the bottom of a pile lol.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    sciatica is a terrible issue to have its the nerve that's in charge of the upper thigh, lower leg, foot and lower back functions. it can lead to lumbago as well which is just a extreme form of tightness and pain in the lower back, i hope they dont rush him back as wrapping, Lower back braces don't work.