View Poll Results: Most in danger of being cut?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rodgers

    11 35.48%
  • Bernard

    18 58.06%
  • Austin

    2 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Battle at DT

  1. #1

    Battle at DT

    The past three seasons I believe the Giants only kept 4 DT's on the active roster:
    2011- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kennedy
    2010- Canty, Cofield, Joseph, Bernard
    2009- Canty, Cofield, Robbins, Bernard

    This year I see 7 players all with the potential to make the team (Canty, Joseph, Rodgers, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks and Kuhn) and when you add in the fact that perhaps the biggest long shot (Hendricks) had a break out game, things just got that much tighter....so who stays and who goes?

  2. #2
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,624
    Austin isn't going anywhere, neither is Rocky.

    if anyone is the odd man it's Rogers who has unimpressed thus far.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  3. #3
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    9,075
    maybe keep 5 this year?

    Canty, Joseph, Austin, Benard and Rogers

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Austin isn't going anywhere, neither is Rocky.

    if anyone is the odd man it's Rogers who has unimpressed thus far.
    The Giants did start Rodgers on Saturday...that should tell you something considering Rocky has been with the team since 2009

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    maybe keep 5 this year?

    Canty, Joseph, Austin, Benard and Rogers
    No love for Hendricks?....Coughlin seems pretty high on him:

    "Anyone that goes against
    Dwayne Hendricks -- he is going full speed every play, OK? so if you're foolish enough to think he's not going to make you look bad, you're ridiculous," Coughlin said. "So he goes out and plays the game just like he practices and he does very well for himself."

  6. #6
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    9,075
    maybe it will be Rogers or Hendricks

  7. #7
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,468
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    The Giants did start Rodgers on Saturday...that should tell you something considering Rocky has been with the team since 2009
    It was probably because Rocky and Canty didn't dress. I think they started Rogers over Austin because Rogers is more of a vet and because the Giants planned on using Austin for far more reps than Shaun.

  8. #8
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,869
    Rogers was pretty good on Friday IMO. And Hendricks was very good and relentless.

    Who stays and who gets cut will have a lot to do with how healthy Chris Canty is. If Canty is ready to go vs. Dallas I think it will be Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin. But if Hendricks performs the way he did vs. the Jaguars I can see him making it with Austin and Kuhn on the practice squad.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    It was probably because Rocky and Canty didn't dress. I think they started Rogers over Austin because Rogers is more of a vet and because the Giants planned on using Austin for far more reps than Shaun.
    Ahh yes, forgot Bernard didn't play....Eitherway both those guys are 33 and only have so much left in the tank. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a youth movement at the position and go with Joseph, Canty, Austin and Hendricks

  10. #10
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    The past three seasons I believe the Giants only kept 4 DT's on the active roster:
    2011- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kennedy
    2010- Canty, Cofield, Joseph, Bernard
    2009- Canty, Cofield, Robbins, Bernard

    This year I see 7 players all with the potential to make the team (Canty, Joseph, Rodgers, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks and Kuhn) and when you add in the fact that perhaps the biggest long shot (Hendricks) had a break out game, things just got that much tighter....so who stays and who goes?
    I guess it all depends on Canty's knee on how many DTs we keep. I think 5 is a possibility. As for Hendricks, I liked what I saw the other night. But I will give it another game or 2 to see if he has the potential to beat out Rogers or Bernard. I think Kuhn could be practice squad material, unless he breaks out the next 3 games.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts