+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Wasn't Ramses Barden supposed to be our "green zone" threat?

So why haven't we seen them making plays for Barden in the endzone? Wasn't the corner fade his money route in college? He may have raw talent but it may not be enough. I think this project may be over.

I do not agree that his time is over. We have a lot of WRs but a lot of those guys are slot guys. We do not have a lot of outside guys. That helps him make the team.

I dont get it either. When I see him out there, he snags everything. I remember last year he had a couple of GREAT catches. Eli threw to the inside when he should of thrown to the outside, and it would of been picked if Ramses doesnt jump and snag the ball from in front of the CB. Oh well. They know best I guess. Randle looked good in the redzone though, even if it was against a 4th string cb.

Sometimes even in todays NFL. it takes some years for some players to develop.

I want to see Barden one or 2 more times. I think he can amount to something for the Giants.

We'll see if he can handle the fiasco against the Jets

I think that posters shouldn't get to wild up on Barden cause there are no other wrs ahead of him except for Rueben who has been our first rounder and even he may not be if Barden performs well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree that his time is over. We have a lot of WRs but a lot of those guys are slot guys. We do not have a lot of outside guys. That helps him make the team.
    I agree with you. I think he has great hands and could very well be the 4th or 4th WR on this team and be brought in as a situational WR. Like the fade or let him go up high on a 3rd and long
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

He looked pretty good on a few slants too.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsDynasty View Post
    So why haven't we seen them making plays for Barden in the endzone? Wasn't the corner fade his money route in college? He may have raw talent but it may not be enough. I think this project may be over.
    Were Nicks, Cruz and Manningham insufficient when we got to that part of the field? I understand having a bigger guy can be beneficial, but the question is - were we lacking in production from our receivers last year in that department compared to the other top offenses in the league?

I don't think he really had a 'money route', he was just bigger and more athletic than the competition he played against. He had no need to run good routes to get separation. This probably made the transition to the pro game much more difficult for him because he's no longer the best athlete on the field. NFL DB's are gazelles compared to the bums he played against in that weak division.

I know people assume a player can improve in any given area, but some aspects of the game guys just have to have a knack for. At the NFL level, regardless of your size, you have to be able to run good routes to be productive. You also need to be able to beat the jam at the LOS. Those things can be taught, but only a select few can perfect it enough to become consistent producers on the field.

I do agree with others about him having good hands though.

He's made some good grabs in the limited chances he's gotten and i root for him cuz i think if he works hard he could be a good option for Eli, but you need more than size to be a RZ threat. I could have sworn the knock on him coming out of college was that he does not use his body well when fighting for the ball. That is a major part of becoming and remaining a factor down in the RZ.

That said, I havent seen enough of him to know if this is accurate or not, but I would assume the coaches have in practice. This may be the main reason he doesnt get a lot of burn at the pro level...that and injuries.