+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Antrel rolle played last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders

ANTREL ROLLE stated in a interview in the NY POST that he played the final quarter of last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders. He stated the first tear came in the December 11 Dallas Game and the second shoulder got torn in the Atlanta playoff game. He went on to state that he refused to get x-rays because he feared the Giants would shut him down. He stead he played thru the pain which was so bad he couldn't move his shoulders but he was focused on the "ALL IN" motto and he taped up both shoulders and got shot up with some type of pain killer. If everyone remembers he was the one who caught heat for telling fellow Giants who where hurt to "suit up and play if you could walk" and he caught heat for it. This guy is a warrior and is a true Giant. He put the team first. IMO If this guy shut down which he could have legitimately done so, there would be no SuperBowl Championship XLVI Trophy in sitting in GIANTS STADIUM today. THANK YOU ANTREL FOR YOUR SACRIFICE. YOU ARE INDEED A TRUE GIANT
    Last edited by NYGiantsFan56; 08-13-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Nice. I also remember Tryon playing through a broken forearm, and making a tackle to save the game with it.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

I thought you couldn't even raise your arms above your shoulders with a rotator cuff tear..?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    I thought you couldn't even raise your arms above your shoulders with a rotator cuff tear..?
    You can't. The article says that he stated he could not raise both of his arms above his shoulder and when he tried the pain was unbearable. He stated he had the Giants Trainers tape both shoulders tight and they shot him up.

Damn, that's rough. Is this an article by Paul Schwartz?

Veteran
    Rolle is a Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Nice. I also remember Tryon playing through a broken forearm, and making a tackle to save the game with it.
    It wasn't to save the game, but it was incredible coverage downfield on the punt team.

I used to think Rolle was a bit of an ***, but once we went on that SB run (starting with the Jets game), I started seeing how he really bought into the Giants as a team. Last season he complained about being a nickel corner, now he said he'll do whatever the team needs of him...

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    ANTREL ROLLE stated in a interview in the NY POST that he played the final quarter of last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders. He stated the first tear came in the December 11 Dallas Game and the second shoulder got torn in the Atlanta playoff game. He went on to state that he refused to get x-rays because he feared the Giants would shut him down. He stead he played thru the pain which was so bad he couldn't move his shoulders but he was focused on the "ALL IN" motto and he taped up both shoulders and got shot up with some type of pain killer. If everyone remembers he was the one who caught heat for telling fellow Giants who where hurt to "suit up and play if you could walk" and he caught heat for it. This guy is a warrior and is a true Giant. He put the team first. IMO If this guy shut down which he could have legitimately done so, there would be no SuperBowl Championship XLVI Trophy in sitting in GIANTS STADIUM today. THANK YOU ANTREL FOR YOUR SACRIFICE. YOU ARE INDEED A TRUE GIANT
    Rolle is one tough dude. I read the article and it stated he wanted to lead by example. He was preaching that the players should play through injuries and he played through his.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Carter View Post
    Rolle is a Beast.
    You are right about that. One hell of a beast. The guy just bought into the "ALL IN" philosophy and "TEAM FIRST" philosophy that the Giants and Coughlin preach. This why they are going deep and all the way this year. TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!