+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who do you think will be better Wilson or Martin?

Only reason why I ask is because everybody said Tampa Bay stole him from us. I see Wilson being better I am not just saying that cause he's a Giant. I just think he's more of a dynamic runner and he displayed some power on that on run to the sideline. He can also catch the ball well. I think him and Martellus Bennet are going to be deadly on screens something the Giants weren't very good at ever. Everyone in the media says that or running game got worse cause of the loss of Jacobs( who looked good in his debut) is dead wrong.

David WIlson,

He also had more yard versus Trent Richardson Last year , and more yards after contact versus anyone last year

Tampa Bay sucks and Martin will suck under their system. I can see David Wilson having a better career.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    David WIlson,

He also had more yard versus Trent Richardson Last year , and more yards after contact versus anyone last year
    Yeah I never really cared for Trent he just came off as someone who just cares about himself yeah he played in the SEC but he is not going to be able to bully guys around in the NFL, I thought Wilson to me was the #1 back in the draft I just thought his style suited the NFL best and I am glad the Giants got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Tampa Bay sucks and Martin will suck under their system. I can see David Wilson having a better career.
    lol, ok, Ill take the unbiased approach.

David Wilson looks very good out there, but our Oline is not what it was a few years ago and we havent really done much to try to improve it. If you notice, his runs were like 17, and 26, then 0, -1 and -5. He has the big play ability, and elusiveness and strength to keep runs alive when bottled up, but he got hit hard a few times in the backfield and that is exactly what scares me. Last year, Jacobs and Bradshaw and even Ware were all hit a ton behind the LOS.

Doug Martin is going to be a solid back for TB. TB doesnt have the greatest OL, but right now, I think it may be better then ours by getting Nicks.

The one thing that stands out to me though it the recent 1st rounders we chose worked for us. Nicks over Britt, JPP over Derek Morgan / Brandon Graham, Kenny Phillips over Tyrell Johnson. So hopefully Reese was telling the truth when he said he was taking Wilson over Martin.

5trive for Fiv5

Tampa Bay does suck I hate Greg S. he is a Belichick wanna be and Josh Freeman is overrated but I don't know how Martin is going to do we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    lol, ok, Ill take the unbiased approach.

David Wilson looks very good out there, but our Oline is not what it was a few years ago and we havent really done much to try to improve it. If you notice, his runs were like 17, and 26, then 0, -1 and -5. He has the big play ability, and elusiveness and strength to keep runs alive when bottled up, but he got hit hard a few times in the backfield and that is exactly what scares me. Last year, Jacobs and Bradshaw and even Ware were all hit a ton behind the LOS.

Doug Martin is going to be a solid back for TB. TB doesnt have the greatest OL, but right now, I think it may be better then ours by getting Nicks.

The one thing that stands out to me though it the recent 1st rounders we chose worked for us. Nicks over Britt, JPP over Derek Morgan / Brandon Graham, Kenny Phillips over Tyrell Johnson. So hopefully Reese was telling the truth when he said he was taking Wilson over Martin.
    Oh, so my view was biased. Go check my other posts from this account and my old account and you can see how "BIASED" I am.

My apologies for not agreeing with the "analyst"

Oh, so my view was biased. Go check my other posts from this account and my old account and you can see how "BIASED" I am.

My apologies for not agreeing with the "analyst"
    Whoa, calm down...

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Whoa, calm down...
    I am calmed, but you're first statement was provoking.

I am a huge Wilson fan, but THIS YEAR Martin is likely to get more carries than Wilson. I think Wilson will have the better career tho