+ Reply to Thread

Giants' head coach Tom Couglin sings hig praises for linebacker Spencer Paysinger

LINK

Excerpt: "Last offseason, Spencer Paysinger showed up to New York Giants training camp as an undrafted rookie linebacker out of Oregon with a very limited opportunity to prove himself worthy of making the roster. With Jacquian Williams, Greg Jones and Mark Herzlich all attempting to make the team as well, it seemed as if Paysinger was just going to be an extra body for training camp. Surprisingly, however, he proved himself as a standout special teams player in preseason action, and earned himself a spot on the 53-man roster." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LINK

Excerpt: "Last offseason, Spencer Paysinger showed up to New York Giants training camp as an undrafted rookie linebacker out of Oregon with a very limited opportunity to prove himself worthy of making the roster. With Jacquian Williams, Greg Jones and Mark Herzlich all attempting to make the team as well, it seemed as if Paysinger was just going to be an extra body for training camp. Surprisingly, however, he proved himself as a standout special teams player in preseason action, and earned himself a spot on the 53-man roster." Read more...
    Glad to see that TC thinks highly of him. I'll have to watch him more closely this week.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'm rooting for Paysinger to make the team again this season. He laid a big hit in the Superbowl btw if anyone remebers.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 08-13-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    I'm rooting for Paysinger to make the team again this season. He laid a bit hit in the Superbowl btw if anyone remebers.
    Our special teams were much improved last year and if TC says he was a big part of that, Paysinger will find a spot on the final roster.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I thought he did a great job on special teams last year. Lets hope we can have a repeat performance!