+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rde/lde

Veteran

Rde/lde

I Know its premature cause its pre-season but Craig Marshall looks like the guy we need to develop to rotate in for Justin Tuck while I think Tracy can sub in for that RDE spot. I am excited about Marshall more than I am about Tracy, he’s raw but he’s physical. He’s a project definitely but with proper instruction and learning from tuck/Osi on becoming more of a technician I think he has the strength/speed combination to be a more than serviceable back-up I.E Tolley. Would like to see what trattou can bring to the table as well; not that I don’t care about Sintim… I just don’t care. =/

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Tracy has the best combination of size and speed to be a good pass rusher.

Marshall made a couple plays, but I am not sure he can develop into any sort of consistent pass rush threat. He had an unblocked pressure, and a sack after a long play where the QB was running around. Neither was him showing he had any sort of ability to beat a blocker to get to the QB. Not that I dislike Marshall, I havent seen enough of him to see how he does when blocked, but saying he has more upside than Tracy I just cant agree with at all.

And I really dont think the giants need to find more DEs who are run stuff first guys, that is becoming less and less of a need in the NFL. Need pass rushers, waves of pass rushers.

I was kind of upset with Marshall's performance, he just looked a little slow. Tracy looked very good. He stood out, and caught my attention.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Tracy has the best combination of size and speed to be a good pass rusher.

Marshall made a couple plays, but I am not sure he can develop into any sort of consistent pass rush threat. He had an unblocked pressure, and a sack after a long play where the QB was running around. Neither was him showing he had any sort of ability to beat a blocker to get to the QB. Not that I dislike Marshall, I havent seen enough of him to see how he does when blocked, but saying he has more upside than Tracy I just cant agree with at all.

And I really dont think the giants need to find more DEs who are run stuff first guys, that is becoming less and less of a need in the NFL. Need pass rushers, waves of pass rushers.
    Oh i am not saying he has more upside than tracy, i am merely saying i have more interest in his development over tracy, cause of the things that i've picked up that he did in that pre season game stood out to me. he has strenght and hustle, at 6-4 280, i think he's fits the LDE better. like i said its a little premature but i am interested in him more, and i am inclined to disagree with the giants not needing run stuffing guys and the lack of need for it. here's why.

Imho take Osi the first knock on him by analyst and fans is he can't control the run, so teams run his way knowing their blocks would be sealed and the runner can bounce out. while i dont agree with that and say that's why we run a 4-3 let the SAM help if Osi can't, if teams know that your betterpass rusher than a run stopper they're going to run it down out throats till we choke ( no homo ) i think we need balanced DE's like JPP that can rush and run stop effeciently. Jpp is Height: 6-5 Weight: 278 not that far off from Marshall, i think with time he can be a force in rushing and stopping the run.

i probably got my hopes up but its pre season it is what it is

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg