Locklear play by play: preseason game 1
(Repeat from Locklear thread)
Starting line was Locklear LT, Booth LG, Baas C, Snee RG, Diehl RT
Sean Locklear looked mostly good to me, BUT... he was going against a rookie on the first team.
Here's my count on Locklear:
Locklear starts game at LT vs. Andre Branch (a rookie 2nd round draft pick).
1. run up middle- blocks his man outside
2. run up middle- adequate block
3. 3rd down pass play- adequate pass block
4. 1st down pass- blocks his man well
5. run up middle- #75 tries to block at the 2nd level. He does not even get in the LB's way. horrible.You can't even call it a whiff.
6. run- adequate block
7. pass play- DE nearly runs around his block. DE comes very close to Eli but Eli gets rid of it.
8. pass- effective pass block
9. pass- effective pass block
10. screen right- effective block
11. pass- effective
12. run- good sustained block
13. pass- #75 is pushed back into Eli on a bull rush. Not good.
14. pass- effective block
15. run off tackle- effective seal block
16. draw- shoves DE out of the play
17. goal line draw- lined up outside his man. Defender 'swam' past. Ware scores.
next possession: against the number twos now.
18. run right- weak blocking angle, Locklear let go before getting called for holding.
19. Carr boot leg- TV coverage so poor we can't see what anyone on the line did.
20. run- went to 2nd level & handled the LB nicely, springing Ware.
21. pass- handles his man. Bennett scores.
Well, not perfect, but at least he can handle himself. Just watch out for those bad TV coverages!
Love the play-by-play thing. Keep em' coming, and thanks!