+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Witten has internal injury - Game against the Giants in Question

Witten will not require surgery but is going to be out for the rest of the preseason it's doubtful he will play week 1.

Pretty big blow to the team. Not only is he a damn fine player but he is also a vocal leader.

Next man up, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    You know i think i know what play he got hurt on. i was watching that game. Romo was getting absolutely destroyed and the defense was barring down on him for another sack and he dumped it off to whitten on right in backfield with ton of coverage all over him and he got hit hard and driven back hard by McClain i think. I think in that case romo left him exposed and should have just thrown the ball away
    I didn't see that play since I could only manage to watch this game in small doses. What a snooze fest.

In regards to Romo hanging Witten out to dry, is it on youtube or do you have a link to it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Witten will not require surgery but is going to be out for the rest of the preseason it's doubtful he will play week 1.

Pretty big blow to the team. Not only is he a damn fine player but he is also a vocal leader.

Next man up, I guess.
    Hope he's alright. The hit looked vicious when it happened.

Not an injury to fool around with, though. It almost cost our own Phil Simms' son's life...

Witten is a tuff SOB and until he's officially ruled out game one, i expect him to play

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I didn't see that play since I could only manage to watch this game in small doses. What a snooze fest.In regards to Romo hanging Witten out to dry, is it on youtube or do you have a link to it somewhere?
    Yes here is the play I found it on YouTube....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk3c16bUShc
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yes here is the play I found it on YouTube....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk3c16bUShc
    Thanks for posting this video.

It didn't seem like a devastating hit but Romo probably saw three players bearing down on Witten. If that ball was thrown a little higher, Witten might have been carted off in a stretcher.

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Thanks for posting this video.

It didn't seem like a devastating hit but Romo probably saw three players bearing down on Witten. If that ball was thrown a little higher, Witten might have been carted off in a stretcher.
    Yea that was my point, in trying to avoid another sack he really put his TE at risk, he should never have thrown it to him, it was a lose lose situation. should of just threw it into the ground

4-New York Giants!!!!!

in a meaningless preseason game (game 1 mind you) he almost cost his team dearly for the entire season by making that choice. that offense loses Witten and they would be in REAL TROUBLE

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Starter
    It would be funny if they struggled with Witten and injuries all season and Bennett does well with us.

Yes that would be

4-New York Giants!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread