+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Jason Witten has internal injury - Game against the Giants in Question

  1. #11
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,501
    Witten will not require surgery but is going to be out for the rest of the preseason it's doubtful he will play week 1.

    Pretty big blow to the team. Not only is he a damn fine player but he is also a vocal leader.

    Next man up, I guess.

  2. #12
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    You know i think i know what play he got hurt on. i was watching that game. Romo was getting absolutely destroyed and the defense was barring down on him for another sack and he dumped it off to whitten on right in backfield with ton of coverage all over him and he got hit hard and driven back hard by McClain i think. I think in that case romo left him exposed and should have just thrown the ball away
    I didn't see that play since I could only manage to watch this game in small doses. What a snooze fest.

    In regards to Romo hanging Witten out to dry, is it on youtube or do you have a link to it somewhere?

  3. #13
    Veteran SackingMyths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilltown (JC)
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Witten will not require surgery but is going to be out for the rest of the preseason it's doubtful he will play week 1.

    Pretty big blow to the team. Not only is he a damn fine player but he is also a vocal leader.

    Next man up, I guess.
    Hope he's alright. The hit looked vicious when it happened.

    Not an injury to fool around with, though. It almost cost our own Phil Simms' son's life...

  4. #14
    All-Pro Sundown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,839
    Witten is a tuff SOB and until he's officially ruled out game one, i expect him to play

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I didn't see that play since I could only manage to watch this game in small doses. What a snooze fest.In regards to Romo hanging Witten out to dry, is it on youtube or do you have a link to it somewhere?
    Yes here is the play I found it on YouTube....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk3c16bUShc
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  6. #16
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yes here is the play I found it on YouTube....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk3c16bUShc
    Thanks for posting this video.

    It didn't seem like a devastating hit but Romo probably saw three players bearing down on Witten. If that ball was thrown a little higher, Witten might have been carted off in a stretcher.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Thanks for posting this video.

    It didn't seem like a devastating hit but Romo probably saw three players bearing down on Witten. If that ball was thrown a little higher, Witten might have been carted off in a stretcher.
    Yea that was my point, in trying to avoid another sack he really put his TE at risk, he should never have thrown it to him, it was a lose lose situation. should of just threw it into the ground
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  8. #18
    in a meaningless preseason game (game 1 mind you) he almost cost his team dearly for the entire season by making that choice. that offense loses Witten and they would be in REAL TROUBLE
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  9. #19
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303
    It would be funny if they struggled with Witten and injuries all season and Bennett does well with us.

  10. #20
    Yes that would be
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts