+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

we might not have to deal with this week 1

Cowboys | Jason Witten injury update
    Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:48:13 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten's (spleen) spleen is not believed to be ruptured. The hope is that no surgery is required with Witten possibly returning in two to three weeks.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Ed Werder | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz23dJTQZpr
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    Cowboys | Jason Witten injury update
    Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:48:13 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten's (spleen) spleen is not believed to be ruptured. The hope is that no surgery is required with Witten possibly returning in two to three weeks.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Ed Werder | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz23dJTQZpr
    Don't count on him missing game 1. I want them at full strength anyway, don't want to hear any excuses.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Don't count on him missing game 1. I want them at full strength anyway, don't want to hear any excuses.
    This.

I respect Witten a lot actually. He's a good guy and a hard-nosed football player that just so happens to be playing for the enemy.

good points guys
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    This.

I respect Witten a lot actually. He's a good guy and a hard-nosed football player that just so happens to be playing for the enemy.
    Fully agree with your assessment about Witten. He has all the qualities that you'd want in a Giants player.

Jason Witten doesn't miss games. In his career he has missed only one game.
    Depending on the severity of the injury, he could miss a few weeks, or a few months.
    Last edited by primetime; 08-15-2012 at 01:23 PM.

even if he plays, how effective is he gonna be not being able to practice or stay in game ready shape? and i believe he won't play anyways. he'll either need more rest/ or surgery.

and isnt it just a shame how dallas doesnt have bennett anymore? if witten can't go, and bennett plays a part when we win, i wonder how cowboy nation will take it...lmao. i never root for injuries at all, but in this case i hope witten cant play, or is highly ineffective (which is really the only two possible scenarios) and bennett has a solid game, just so that all those boys fans who said bennett was such a talented prospect until he signed with us when he all of a sudden became a joke...well joke looks like its on them.

and the injury occurred when romo started running around behind the LOS when he then led Witten right into a devastating legal hit...

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Don't care about excuses. We're the SB champs

Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:09:42 -0700

Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten (spleen) suffered a spleen injury in the team's preseason opener and will miss the rest of the preseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. At this time, it's not believed that surgery will be required; however, it hasn't completely been ruled out. Witten has not yet been ruled out for Week 1.

Fantasy Tip: Any case of internal bleeding complicates a recovery timetable, and surgery would probably sideline him indefinitely.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/5916/NFL/...#ixzz23dXjKSku

if he misses all of preseason, and isnt 100%, i'd rather he played. he'll just be occupying a position without doing anything from a position that has hurt us in the past. how ready would u think he could be if he misses all of preseason? what kind of timing/chemistry would he have with romo during the first real live action? what kind of blocking can he do?
    seems to me playing him would severely handicap what the cowboys could do offensively. and of course if he doesnt play, romos safety outlet and primary target wouldnt be something we'd have to focus/worry about.